what would you do in this scenario?

Your younger, 13 year old sister sees a man on the side of the street in NYC selling knockoff bags. Not fake, but rather bags tht have the same shape and design as real ones but just with a completely different name ('NYC' rather than Prada, O's rather than C's, etc.). She loves it and isn't into expensive fashion at all, unlike you (who are a purse fanatic). What would you do?

1. Let her buy it
2. Tell her to save up and buy an authentic one (knowing she probably wouldn't, because it just isn't worth that much to her)
3. Tell her to buy something that does NOT have the same shape/design (but the design is what she loves in the bag)
4. Save up and buy her the real thing yourself

She's 13, she probably looks up to you, I know I thought my older sister knew everything. The best thing you can do is gently share your opinion, then let her make her own, that's part of growing up.

She's 13, she probably looks up to you, I know I thought my older sister knew everything. The best thing you can do is gently share your opinion, then let her make her own, that's part of growing up.

Agree.
Though if I can afford it I'd buy her a real thing myself too. (And if she's been good. lol)

Personally, I think if she really wants it and its her money than I'd let her buy it and than you can save up and buy one for her as a present. Though I personally don't buy inspired bags. I most certainly think anything of it when others do. Even luxury designers make "highly inspired" bags of one another.

but you should definitely let her know your strong feeling towards such "inspirations"

she's 13, with you as an older sister, I'm sure she will grow out of it soon. let her have some fun and learn from her little "mistakes"

Number 1 or 4.
She's young... I remember that when I was 13 I didn't really know the difference between real & fake/inspired bags.
I was really embarrased when I found out that there was a HUGE difference. I seriously thought that just because a bag was engraved LV it meant it was authentic. Thankfully, I know the difference now and threw all my fakes away. :smile:

I think that you should let her know the difference between inspired bags and authentic bags. But in the end, it's her choice.

I see nothing wrong with designer-inspired bags like the ones that you're describing (similar designs but not copying labels, logos, etc.). I also see nothing wrong with a young girl carrying a designer inspired bag. It's not like she would be carrying an obvious fake. I don't really believe that young girls should be carrying expensive, designer bags anyways, so her buying a designer inspired bag wouldn't bother me in the least.