what would you do in this scenario?

I see nothing wrong with designer-inspired bags like the ones that you're describing (similar designs but not copying labels, logos, etc.). I also see nothing wrong with a young girl carrying a designer inspired bag. It's not like she would be carrying an obvious fake. I don't really believe that young girls should be carrying expensive, designer bags anyways, so her buying a designer inspired bag wouldn't bother me in the least.

ditto.. inspired is not the same as counterfeit.. EVERYTHING is inspired by something. Almost everything you see in the malls is inspired by a runway item. Nothing is that original

I would say number one. She's young and I'm sure she doesn't care too much. Or, number four but remember that she might not care for it like an adult would. It may just be a bag with a style she likes.

Maybe try Aldo. They usually have "inspired" bags.

I would buy her something real, but not very expensive. Maybe just a good leather bag. She is very young.

I agree. Since these aren't counterfits I don't think buying one would be "wrong," but this might be a good way to gently teach her by example about the value of buying quality--and that quality doesn't have to be expensive. Most of those bags being sold on the sidewalk won't last much beyond of couple of wearings, and then her money is down the drain--no fun in that. :nogood:

As an older sisiter, you do become the role model for certain values and other

things in life. We can all appreciate looking at beautiful things and then move

in another direction. Perhaps, sharing your thoughts will give her her own

insight.

As others have said, most things are inspired by something else. It isn't trying to be something it is not. Also, a 13 yr old having a $1000 purse is tackier than a 13 yr old having a cute, fun $30 bag she bought for herself.

As others have said, most things are inspired by something else. It isn't trying to be something it is not. Also, a 13 yr old having a $1000 purse is tackier than a 13 yr old having a cute, fun $30 bag she bought for herself.

I see many very young girls in my neighborhood with real LV at 10-12 and I wonder what's ever going to excite them as adults.

I'd be "jumping on the couch" if I ever had one of their bags and they swing them around by the straps like they were $10 bags.

When I was young (long, long ago) they used to say anyone my age (18-35) with a mink coat, diamond over .25 carat or designer purse "didn't get it in a very nice way" - as if they couldn't afford it if they didn't have an older, wealthy "part-time" boyfriend.

Might be the influence of those comments, but to this day I don't care for furs other than on very old ladies, and sent my fiance back to get a SMALLER engagement ring(!), but I have mellowed on the designer purses.