What we do for a living?

I am active duty air force stationed over here in jolly ole England. I have to save save save to fund my future obsession of bbags. I only have one so far :crybaby:. My job is Nondestructive Inspection, which means that I inspect aircraft parts for cracks, inspect engine oil and x-ray the the jet....to name a few. I can work on any airframe but currently work on F-15's.

Well, my undergrad degree is in Business Marketing, but after working for a few years, I definately developed a passion more in the HR area... I like talking to people, so I found that I really liked interviewing, etc... Plus, I'm one of those odd people that likes filling out surveys & forms, so HR really is a perfect fit for me!

I'm just starting school in May, so I'm not sure how I like school yet... ;) However, if you are in Intl Business right now, that would be a good transitional platform into HR.
Thanks for that,Bags4Bubbles:yes: I actually only have 2 Semesters of my Master of Business to go so I think I might take some HR classes as electives. I am actually starting in a professional recruitment company next week so I'll probably get some good insight into the workings of HR there:yes: Good luck with your studies and thanks for your response:flowers:

How cool! Not only do we have the same dog but the same career! I knew we had a connection when we emailed eachother! Good Luck with your business! I have been a stylist for 9 years now and now I'm trying to scale back so I don't work so much! Once clients get use to your schedule it's always harder to cut back but I have to have a life, too!

You and I have a lot in common, MRG. Anyway, I am a hairstylist too, altough I am new still. My husband owns an internet business too, so thats how afford so many bags.

Also, it sounds like we have such a diverse group here! It's neat to hear what everyone does! IMO (and I don't have kids yet) I think the SAHM's have the hardest and most important jobs! Can I ask the SAHM how you are able to buy Balenciaga because right now my husband even though I make really good money has a problem with my Bbag spending? And we are vertually debt free so I don't understand unless it's just because he is a finance major.

You're a talented group of ladies with such diverse and interesting careers. SAHMs have the most challenging job of all!

I'm a technical communications consultant. What's that? I write/edit user guides, online help, and training material mostly for the software industry. Pays well for a writing job but can be boring as heck. :sleepy: Best perk is being able to work from home. DH is an engineer. Together, we fund my purse addiction.:drinks:

Oooh Kauai. My favorite place in the whole wide world!
My boyfriend and I visit every year. We dream about moving to Hanalei all the time. Do you know if the mixed plate ever sold? We wanted to buy it and run it. Of course we were dreaming.. MMM and puka dog! God now I really can't wait until May when we get to go back. YAY!
Mixed Plate did sell. It's Chinese food now. Hopefully our new shop will be open when you come in May. Stop in! It's right next door to The Hanalei Gourmet where the Kahn Gallery used to be. Don't you just love Hanalei. It's my favorite place in the world also. :heart:

You're a talented group of ladies with such diverse and interesting careers. SAHMs have the most challenging job of all!

I agree and it makes me :smile: to know there are so many SAHM's on this forum. All of my friends that have kids say it is the hardest job that they have ever had. Not a 9-5 day, but a 24 hour day.
Not everyone can be a SAHM but my Mom gave up her career to be a SAHM when my brother and I were young. Until we were all out of junior high she was there for us, then she taught at our school.

No more Mixed Plate?? :sad: Kauai has the best food! Bubba Burger, Lapperts Ice Cream and Coconut Custard French Toast at Hanalei Wake-Up Cafe. Oh yes, getting so excited just thinking about eating. And spending the whole day at Sealodge. :P You are so very lucky to live there! I will definitely stop by if you are open. We are going the last week of May.

a trainee barrister (lawyer for those who are not fimiliar with the English legal system) - middle of a career crisis lool - thinking about switching to journalism.

Maybe work at Vogue ... u never know ;)

I'm a student and I fund for my bbag addiction by saving all birthday, christmas, and all other holidays in between money to purchase a bag. Lately though my parents have been more than great and have filled the gap for me when I'm short on money. :love:

MRG- Can I ask the SAHM how you are able to buy Balenciaga because right now my husband even though I make really good money has a problem with my Bbag spending? And we are vertually debt free so I don't understand unless it's just because he is a finance major.

I can only speak for myself. Prior to having kids, I had a successful career in advertising and managed to save money. Even though dh and I have shared accounts, we also each keep our own savings accounts. I have been dipping into that my savings in order to purchase my B Bags. However, I have sold a ton of Prada, Gucci, Fendi bags that I was no longer using, plus I am doing some writing and my new scavenger hunt job.

DH has no idea how much my bags cost and I know he would have a heart attack if he found out. I do feel guilty about it so I'm trying to avoid thinking about it :sad: Plus, as I mentioned in my other thread, I don't have any desire to purchase any more bags.

I'm a Pharmaceutical Sales Rep for a large American Pharma Company. I specialize in the treatment of Type II Diabtes

I also have a second part time job at night as a hostess in a private box at the Air Canada Centre (where the Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Raptors play).....that helps fund my b-bag and clothing addiction.

And Im getting my Real Estate Liscence to help out when my BF and I start flipping houses. Yes....I watch way too much HGTV