What was your FIRST Botkier bag?

Black Valentina Shoulder bag, I love the flat low profile envelope look, while still being able to fit my phone, wallet, glasses, etc. Also like the detachable long chain for crossbody convenience, or use as a clutch. For even lighter wear, I got the Valentina Hipster, too, just in case, for those dressy events I don't want to carry much.

View attachment 2436748My Valentina Satchel. It is my 1st and only so far. I bought it for my Birthday in November and I love it!!

Lovely bag! And wonderful birthday present to yourself. I have 2 Botkiers, and I'm always looking for more, but they aren't doing many larger purples. I was looking at a Valentina, but wasn't sure about the size.

If you get around to it, and don't mind I'd love to see pics of how much you can fit in there. I'm a MAB/Nikki/ Magnolia - large size bag lover. THe two Bots I have are both the Venice Hobo. Thats a great size for me.

ANd congratulations on the bag, and a belated Happy Birthday.

Lovely bag! And wonderful birthday present to yourself. I have 2 Botkiers, and I'm always looking for more, but they aren't doing many larger purples. I was looking at a Valentina, but wasn't sure about the size.

If you get around to it, and don't mind I'd love to see pics of how much you can fit in there. I'm a MAB/Nikki/ Magnolia - large size bag lover. THe two Bots I have are both the Venice Hobo. Thats a great size for me.

ANd congratulations on the bag, and a belated Happy Birthday.

Thanks so much! I really like it! I usually buy Coach but wanted to try something else and loved the look of the Valentina so decide to go with that. For me it's a good size. I took a photo but my bag is far from full so I'm not sure how helpful the photo will be. For reference I put my ipad mini in it but I could have easily fit a regular ipad inside. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1387856008.610266.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1387856027.783046.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1387856048.299603.jpg

Prince black leather hobo. Super soft leather, roomy and versatile. The vertical zip pockets were handy for little items. The studs gave it a nice edge. It was a great, great bag for travel. I wish they'd make them again; I'd buy a bunch.

My first was a medium pastel pink Trigger with tabs. I can't even remember what year that was--anyone know?
That might be a really early Trigger! I've heard that they did tabs instead of tassels only once, before a one-season "revival" more recently*. There's a handy guide here to the older Triggers, which might give you more info on your bag: http://www.ebay.com/gds/botkier-trigger-a-small-guide-/10000000000921239/g.html

* - Tabs were reintroduced only once from what I know, in fall 2011, with 3 colours IIRC: Black, Ash (grey) and Cayenne (a reddish-brown colour). There's an old vid of Monica Botkier talking about that season's revamped Triggers over here, where she also talks about having done tabs only once before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYL7Fx5Lo7k

HTH!

ETA: I should add, there were some Triggers produced after the fall 2011 revamp that kept the tabs, but not the other detailing of the fall 2011 revamp (double zippers, crosshatch studs). This is one example, which I remembered seeing in person as well: http://www.lastcall.com/Botkier-Trigger-Medium-Satchel-Bag-Wine/prod21110002/p.prod That said, I have a suspicion that some of these were made-for-outlet/sample sale type bags, though, as I don't recall seeing these on Botkier's website or social media accounts (Facebook etc)... HTH!

Last edited:
Thanks! Mine is definitely an early Trigger--perhaps first or second season. I just can't remember what year I bought it. It had to be a year or two before my daughter was born in 2005.