What was your FIRST Botkier bag?

So my new "Trigger Satchel" came today, and I am sooooo let down. The website only had one or two photos, and now that I've got the bag, I feel like everything that makes a Trigger a Trigger has been removed! There are no 2 open pockets on the top of the front and the back. The back has a zipper pocket going across below the top of the bag, and the front has no opening except for the 2 diagonal zippers with the hanging tassels. The secret pockets on the front and back under a flap are totally gone. Even though there is a studded strap that wraps around the bottom of the bag, it it attached to just the bag itself--nothing opens and there are NO pockets. They put a slit pocket on top under one of the handles, but my phone doesn't fit in there, not screw hat it's supposed to be for. Inside the humongous zipper main (only) compartment there are a few different kinds of pockets, but they don't make up for the lack of 2 open pockets on top where the handles are. This feels like a fake Trigger, that some company made to try to replicate the look of the Trigger but not exactly copy it, and cheapened out on the details that made the Trigger bag so great. As much as I was hoping to life this bag, I am so disappointed that I know I'm going to need to send it back.

So my new "Trigger Satchel" came today, and I am sooooo let down. The website only had one or two photos, and now that I've got the bag, I feel like everything that makes a Trigger a Trigger has been removed! There are no 2 open pockets on the top of the front and the back. The back has a zipper pocket going across below the top of the bag, and the front has no opening except for the 2 diagonal zippers with the hanging tassels. The secret pockets on the front and back under a flap are totally gone. Even though there is a studded strap that wraps around the bottom of the bag, it it attached to just the bag itself--nothing opens and there are NO pockets. They put a slit pocket on top under one of the handles, but my phone doesn't fit in there, not screw hat it's supposed to be for. Inside the humongous zipper main (only) compartment there are a few different kinds of pockets, but they don't make up for the lack of 2 open pockets on top where the handles are. This feels like a fake Trigger, that some company made to try to replicate the look of the Trigger but not exactly copy it, and cheapened out on the details that made the Trigger bag so great. As much as I was hoping to life this bag, I am so disappointed that I know I'm going to need to send it back.
I know how you feel -- the new ones (they were re-launched as "legacy" and then for some reason went back to being called "trigger") are not the same. Botkier was "acquired" by an investor a couple of years ago, and there have been a number of things changed about the brand since. The little key chains inside the bags are even gone now! They're trying to recalibrate at a lower price point because the market for mid-priced luxury brands has shriveled -- people with money are going for the LV's and other $1000+ bags, while the rest of us, still recovering from the recession, are more frugal and conservative. It's sad to see but all of the brands, except maybe Michael Kors and Kate Spade, are struggling.

As an aside, I know that they launched a campaign with print ads in Vogue last fall but I think it may have fallen flat. They were near the back, the model was dreadful (sorry but stink eye doesn't equal "edgy,") and the bag wasn't featured prominently enough -- you couldn't see the details. I hope they can try again and find their niche.