What was the first ever 'named' bag that you bought for yourself?

My first fancy brand was Dooney and Bourke. Then I ventured to Coach. Those were fine for a few years and just last year, I bought my first Marc Jacobs Hobo. I haven't looked back since. :P

Hmm... I think the first bag that I got with my own money.. that is considered to be a named bag is the LV Deauville... I saved for years for it!

I remember I saw the ad and I was completely smitten with the bag - but I was annoyed with JLo because I just personally don't like her... but I just totally LOVE THAT BAG!

I think this was the ad I first saw - it was either this one or the one with a hot guy's back facing me ... either way.. it was from this ad campaign!

vuitton.jpg

My first 'higher end' (as opposed to Liz or Nine West) was a Dooney & Bourke. I don't know what it was called although I feel sure it had a name. That was high school graduation in 1995. In 2000 I bought the LV Petit Bucket-the first one that I knew the name of!

My mom used to take me to the local department store and let me pick out an "expensive" purse every year for my birthday once I got to bag-toting age. She loves shoes and purses herself but is often into quantity versus quality. lol
The first year I really remember spending a lot was on a navy leather Aigner bag. It was over $100 and it was my 13th birthday I think?
After that, my next big bag purchase when I used my own money was a Coach hamptons black leather lunch tote with off white stitching. I got it on ebay and it started a major bag obsession! lol. One Coach turned to many Coaches then Coach luggage and Dooneys and led to other high end IT bags of the moment.
Louis Vuitton was my first high end brand and the love that I've eventually come back to. IT bags pass, but brown mono just never goes out of style to me ... hehe.

My first was a Dooney & Bourke. I had three of the original all weather leather bags. I really loved them, I gave two away, but kept one because I remember how great I felt carrying them. I moved onto Coach which I loved for a couple of years. Then I started to buy LVs and have a lovely collection, which I am still very addicted to. I have now started with Mulberry bags, of which I have two, Phoebe and Emmy and I adore them. I wonder what's next?

My first Prada with a leather strap - at Lake Como in Italy - my BF got it for me (after much pleading) That was the start of something big!!!!!!and addictive and consuming. The bag cost $600.00 about 10 years ago.