What was the first ever 'named' bag that you bought for yourself?

Mine was a Gucci that was bought so long ago, I'm not sure if it had a name. We were staying in a hotel that had a Gucci boutique, and I knew it was all over. :smile: There were about 5 SAs there one afternoon and just me to wait on. We had the BEST time figuring out (and actually voting) on the one we liked best for me. I carried that thing for a couple of years without changing.

My first was the Coach demi and yup I still have it and wear it...

High end, it was a Gucci bucket bag, which i still have an wear...still love it!

Although, my mom gave me a Gucci bag when I was in junior high (before I realized what a gucci even was)!!

Probably doesn't count as I was given it...
a BOAC airline bag circa 1970. It came with a log book that the captain signed every time you flew somewhere. Sadly, mislaid the log book but still have the BOAC bag... somewhere.

The first every named bag I bought myself was a Mulberry drawstring, a bit like the Noe, in white with pale tan trim. Loved that bag.
I had stumbled across their factory shop, then in a Boy Scout hut near Bath. I had never heard of Mulberry... this was 1986!
A few years later I joined the company as their handbag designer...

My first was a Prada Bowling bag i bought in Milano about ten years ago. I was in transit on my way for a months vacation in Barcelona. Not the smartest thing to use just about all your vacationmoney before actually reaching your destination :biggrin:

But it was so worth it. I still have it, even though i never use it now a days.

I thought i was great with my 1st what i called designer bag until i read everyone elses. I bought it when i was 17 it was a guess bag. now at 19 & a lot of handbags later i have moved up a bit. i bought a prada bag & a dolce & gabbana bag (which i adore) before xmas & i just bought a chloe paddington last week. I'd love a coach or chanel 1 though!

My first was a Michael by Michael Kors bag. Then I bought a LV Mono Pochette and Speedy. Then I found Bulga and started to obsess over Kooba. I also have Coach bags, and my most recent purchase was a Coach bag. I'm all over the map with bags!

My first designer bag was a Coach tan all leather hobo type purse. My fiance bought it for me on a trip to Vegas in college. He hasn't bought me a bag since (my taste in now Marc Jacobs so maybe that's why!:P) Big price difference, I think it was $90 (around 5 or 6 years ago).

I don't use it anymore, a bit sad, I think I 'm a bag snob.

I thought i was great with my 1st what i called designer bag until i read everyone elses. I bought it when i was 17 it was a guess bag. now at 19 & a lot of handbags later i have moved up a bit. i bought a prada bag & a dolce & gabbana bag (which i adore) before xmas & i just bought a chloe paddington last week. I'd love a coach or chanel 1 though!

When I read the subject line, the designer names that came to mind were also Guess, Nine West and Tommy. When I was in high school, those were designer bags!

Here is my first, bought it about 2 1/2 years ago when I first started working. Pondered a long time in Macy's before buying it, because it was so expensive. I don't think I even blink at that price anymore :confused1:

Attachments

• Coach.jpg
    Coach.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 29
I picked up a Coach chevron hobo a few years ago. I was looking for one for about a year until I finally got one on ebay from a trusted seller. I bought another Coach soon after, but haven't gone back to the brand for purses since. I did buy a nice pair of gold Coach platforms last week though. :lol: