"What was I thinking?" Bag purchases you regret...

I very light blue, almost white lambskin prada. I did not realize how delicate it was going to be. I used it once and sold it. I also never really cared for my LV damier bucket. Did not like the shape. I sold that one also.

chessmont, you are a very kind person! :yes: Best of luck to both you and your friend!

For me, I regret virtually all impulse purchases...probably the worst impulse purchase in terms of cost was the Bal tomato 07 shoulder that I bought earlier this year -- and sold without even using. It was a darling bag in a gorgeous color but waaaaay too small for me. I sold it pretty easily, but at a loss. :tdown:

I too regret so many of my purchases, even if I love the bag; I mean, how the hell many purses does one woman need? I didn't even own a purse until the yearr after college, we all carried backpacks back then. DBF (now DH) gave me a purse as a gift.

-Thanks, lquita and the other ladies re my gifting; I was mulling over whether she would be embarrassed by it, but I did give her an LV a few years ago thatt I didn't like any more and she wasn't offended; so hopefully we are friends enough that if it makes her uncomfortable, she will tell me.

(Hijack off)

a beautiful embossed snakeskin pattern ivory-brown-black (sounds icky but hard to describe, very subtle shading) bowler purse from Charles David. It's big and I normally don't carry much so it's just been sitting there in the closet.

I can't bring myself to give it away or sell it because I love the leather and I have never seen another bag like it.

LV Watercolor Jamais in Marron - I somehow thought the bag would go with more outfits than it really does. I love the shape and the size and am committed to buying more yellow & brown clothing I suppose...

i too regret the money i have thrown away on guess bags :sad: the style of the
bags aren't all bad i have this satchel that has a lock on it .. it looks really cute
but it's just that a lot of the trashy girls that i work with carry those bags.

I like little backpack purses. I bought a leather one off ebay for about $20. After I'd been carrying it for a while I discovered that it had a secret compartment in the back for a handgun. I Googled the maker and discovered that they make mostly Purses Like That and holsters for packing concealed weapons.

I like little backpack purses. I bought a leather one off ebay for about $20. After I'd been carrying it for a while I discovered that it had a secret compartment in the back for a handgun. I Googled the maker and discovered that they make mostly Purses Like That and holsters for packing concealed weapons.

I like little leather backpack purses, too. My only "regret" purchase is the one I found that I liked so well, I bought two of them. They're handmade by a local designer. I changed jobs and never carried them anymore, so I gave one to a friend. I have the second one, brand new and unworn. One of my sisters likes it, but I'm not sure she'd wear it. It might end up at Goodwill, which would be a sad waste of about $150. Not so bad of a mistake.

All the mediocre/cheap bags I bought because I didn't / couldn't justify true designer bags. Now I have a couple (MJ and a Bal) I can really appreciate the quality. I am still a bit of a sucker for a bargain but need to work out what I REALLY want and save for it!

a thomas wylde brown hobo--the one with the big skull on the front and the chain handle. it's so big, everything gets lost, and since you can pack a lot in, it gets heavy, which results in PAIN when the chain strap digs into your shoulder. Plus the zipper scratches you when you stick your arm in to find something.

Oh man ... I've had quite a few of those. But thankfully we live and learn, right?:graucho: Besides, I did learn to never say never as my taste changes as often as the wind changes direction :wacko: so the bags I did regret buying in the past may very well make their way into my closet in the future!:lol:

Mine was the Fendi Spy too - it is totally falling apart, the quality really is non-existing. It's not my style, and I totally hate it. I've tried to give it to my mother, my sister and my best friend, but none of them would accept such an expensive item, even though they all love it. I shoul've bought a classic chanel bag, which was about the same price as the spy at the time. Now I'm saving up for my first H, which I know will never go out of style and will be worth the money.

All the mediocre/cheap bags I bought because I didn't / couldn't justify true designer bags. Now I have a couple (MJ and a Bal) I can really appreciate the quality. I am still a bit of a sucker for a bargain but need to work out what I REALLY want and save for it!

Exactly! I am not happy until I get what I really want...when will I learn!?!