What type of shopper are you???

fatcat2523

Addicted to H
O.G.
Dec 5, 2009
I am just curious what type of Bal-shopper are there??

I am the type who would collect every single hardware. Once I have all the hardware then I would move on to repeat the hardware or other style!!!:P

- Would go by Hardware -1
- Would go by style -
- Would go by colour -
- Would go by anything you like -

Last edited:
I'm the type who...

Would go by color first! Because Bal comes out with so many tempting colors :love:
Then decide on what hardware suits best

Then by style (last, because I'm only into one style now and that's the City)

I'm curious how others choose their next Bbags too!

I go with color first. It's the most important thing. If I don't love it, I won't get it even the style's too tempting. Lesson learned hard way.

From color, then the style.

For hardware, most of the time, I'll get the RH so that's not really a problem for me. :smile:

Definitely colour>>hardware that matches>>style! Because I totally agree that Bal has the most beautiful colours for leather compared to other brands, and the hardware kinda determines how the colour shows and how one prefers it, style's usually still within the moto range. :tup:

Another color here.

And I start with the basics in a new designer before moving to the frivolous. I'm likely going to start with a basic black, brown, beige, etc - before moving to the fun (and more trendy) green, purple, etc.

The above being said - no matter how great the color - if the shape of the bag is boring, then it's still a dealbreaker for me.

Color here (oh, and leather, but color is #1)! Hardware is easy - only RH for me. Style, open (somewhat) to new styles, but mostly city, twiggy + weekender, first, & 1 velo, 1 ticket.

1) Style
Guy got Limited Style to select, i prefer big bag for hand carry so only Weekender, Work or Sunday. Messenger Style i am fine with Day or Extra Courier.

2) Color
I prefer Bright Colors mainly shades of Blue, Brown, Green, Yellow, Red etc.

3) Hardware
RH, GSH, GGH but not GCHW. Would like to get RGGHW if i see something i like.

I'm pretty constrained when looking for Bal bags because I only really love the Part Time and am exclusively buying giant hardware, as RH doesn't do it for me anymore. My search for a bag is usually driven by a color + hardware combo; I have trouble separating the two because the difference between gold and silver giant hardware has such an extreme effect on the essence and vibe of the bag. Sometimes, if I really love the color and it works well with all the giant hardware options, color will ***** other considerations. If a color/hardware combo is really rare (like argent gsh, for example), I would branch out into other styles (like the midday or pom or rtt), but I only really love the Part Time and sort of love the Work, and there are certain styles I'll never buy (like the City or Brief with GH). On top of all these specifications, if the leather isn't very distressed, I know I won't really LOVE the bag, so the leather is really what seals the deal. It may not be the first thing I look for, but if the bag doesn't have the kind of leather I like, I know I'll get disinterested very quickly, no matter how gorgeous or rare the color/hardware combo is. Leather is so important that I've actually been *this close* to buying giant hardware part times in colors that don't really speak to me just because of their drool-worthy leather. And I've sold MANY unbelievable HG bags because the leather didn't have enough texture/character for me.

Regarding RH bags, I'll probably never part with my 05 wrinkly RH Black City, but the only other RH bags I'd ever consider buying are mint Works in Rouge Theatre, 05 Turquoise, 05 Magenta and maybe a perfectly perfect Black. Oddly, I don't like the Part Time with RH at all. I know, weird.

After many years of collecting, I think I've zeroed in on what I really like, so I can avoid the buying-selling game that took so much time and energy in the past. So why is it I still never feel satisfied?:shame: