What tops do you pair with your designer jeans?

I usually end up shopping in Armani Exchange for tops because I love all of them and sometimes in Guess. I also love some things that Diesel comes out with and Ed Hardy at times. Everything else comes from little no name shops that have cute tops for cheap. It doesn't matter what the price tag is, it matters if it looks good on you and with your jeans.

It depends on the cut of jean...with my black superfine skinnies I like either heels/boots and a flowy top to balance my shape. I have a couple of the swingy luxe tops from J.Crew that I wear and a couple of other tunic type shirts.

With my bootcut and flare, I generally go for a more structured look up top. I have some button downs from Ralph Lauren and J.Crew that I wear to work and on weekends I love comfy basic tees, henleys and random knit shirts.

For basics I am a big fan of Rebecca Beeson, C&C California, J.Crew, TARGET...for flowy tunic/more eclectic tops I like to shop at J.Crew, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Target, Free People.

I feel like there are so many amazing tops out there - and you can always dress up the basics with cardigans, sweaters, belts, etc!!

Denim goes with everything. I'm naturally drawn to tops, so while I work for a denim company... my closet is still 70% tops.

I usually buy whatever denim is classic and well fitting and then buy trendier tops. If I'm wearing a wild fashion jean (like hot pink skinnies or ripped up straight legs), then I pair them with a plain white v-neck and some HOT shoes.

You should probably buy tops to go with your jeans while you are wearing them. So if you need "looks" for your black skinnies, you wear those to go shopping.

Sweaters and cardigans mostly. I like colour coordinating them though, for example, if my jeans have pink details (such as R&R's pink buttons), I'll wear a pink sweater. For pairs with studs or rhinestones, I'll balance the flashiness by wearing a more subdued top with little to no detailing.

It really depends n what you are doing, for example:
- Running errands: joe's honey jeans (dark wash), black tank, havianas, big chunky beads and a simple cardi.
- Work (I am a teacher): COH (again, boot cut, dark wash), button up shirt (short sleeve/roll up sleeve, long), ballet flats or flat sandals, beads or other necklace. In winter I would gowith a knit vest over the shirt and flat boots.
- dinner party: earnst sewn (straight leg, dark dark wash = super sexy jeans!!), dressy top (usually slim straps, embellished, babydoll, or strapless/corset type, go for colour for a dinner party or white/black for important), delicate chains, wrist junk, chandlier earrings if no necklace/embellishment, high points or strappy shoes in metalic/white/black!
- club/dancing: black skinnies (j brand, yet to be purchased so I am envisioning this outfit), dressy but easy to move in top and for me it's generally always black! No necklace except a delicate chain close to the neck, bangles a d other assorted wrist junk, hair up, bright shoes with detail/embellishment!!

In Australia I get alot of tops at Witchery, Lover, Marnie Skillings, Saba, The Corner Store, or buy susana Monaco, rebecca beeson, rebecca Taylor, catherine malandrino, aberdombie etc! Hope this helps!!

Yeah, I'm feeling the 'anything-goes' vibe - depending on the occasion, time of day etc I wear t-shirts, little silk blouses, silk halter tops, sweaters...