What to get next? Cynthia or Sutton?

Jul 9, 2014
Seriously bitten by the MK bug, and already looking for my next bag. Need some advise!

I have the Jet Set multifunctional Tote in Fuchsia, the Jet Set ( without the inner section) in Dark Dune. I also have the Hamilton NS in Navy with GHW.

I am thinking of the Sutton or the Cynthia. Color either black or luggage ( or should I opt for Dark Dune )?
Not a big fan of the Selma ( something about the shape that isn't me), but I like that it closes on top... I need a Crossover version, and I like the way these bags look when tried on. The Sutton is more expensive than the Cynthia here in Norway, it actually costs more than the Hamilton! What to choose...
If any of you ladies happens to have these bags, I would love to hear from you.

Attachments

• 2014-08-13 07.03.43.jpg
    2014-08-13 07.03.43.jpg
    779.4 KB · Views: 597
Seriously bitten by the MK bug, and already looking for my next bag. Need some advise!

I have the Jet Set multifunctional Tote in Fuchsia, the Jet Set ( without the inner section) in Dark Dune. I also have the Hamilton NS in Navy with GHW.

I am thinking of the Sutton or the Cynthia. Color either black or luggage ( or should I opt for Dark Dune )?
Not a big fan of the Selma ( something about the shape that isn't me), but I like that it closes on top... I need a Crossover version, and I like the way these bags look when tried on. The Sutton is more expensive than the Cynthia here in Norway, it actually costs more than the Hamilton! What to choose...

I own a Medium Sutton in pearl grey and love it.
I am also considering Cynthia in Dark Dune but what's holding me back is the divider in the main compartment of Cynthia. I use a purse organiser and I believe the divider will be in the way, meaning it's not practical for me.

I have not seen the Cynthia in person. Anyone who owns one, is the leather similar to the Saffiano leather on Sutton? The reason I asked is because I own a Selma and Selma's Saffiano leather is much thicker, stiffer and heavier compare to Sutton's.

Any mod shot of Cynthia will be appreciated!

I own a Medium Sutton in pearl grey and love it.
I am also considering Cynthia in Dark Dune but what's holding me back is the divider in the main compartment of Cynthia. I use a purse organiser and I believe the divider will be in the way, meaning it's not practical for me.

I have not seen the Cynthia in person. Anyone who owns one, is the leather similar to the Saffiano leather on Sutton? The reason I asked is because I own a Selma and Selma's Saffiano leather is much thicker, stiffer and heavier compare to Sutton's.

Any mod shot of Cynthia will be appreciated!

Hi! I haven't got a purse organiser, so I haven't thought of the divider as an issue.. I didn't react on the thickness of the leather when trying it on. It's made of saffiano leather, but I didn't find it more /less stiff than the Sutton?

I don't own a Cynthia, but I do also have a purse organizer and only buy bags without compartments to accommodate it. So the Cynthia never was on my list of bags for purchase. I believe the saffiano leather on the Cynthia is the same thickness as that of the Sutton. The Selma definitely has a thicker saffiano leather structure than both the Cynthia and Sutton.

When you say you need a crossover version, are you referring to being able to wear the purse cross-body? If so, my only complaint with the Sutton is that if you use the shoulder strap and have a lot of things in the bag, the shoulder strap pulls up on the interior leather of the bag at the strap attachment due to the weight. I feel this is a serious design flaw with the Sutton and don't use the shoulder strap on my Sutton when it's full for this reason.

Last edited:
I had the same debate between a Multifunctional Tote and a Cynthia but my regular SA let it slip to me that Cynthias often have problems in cold climates, such as winter, because the resin handle links are prone to freezing and shattering. A Sutton could be used year round though since they're pretty sturdy and spacious.

I had the same debate between a Multifunctional Tote and a Cynthia but my regular SA let it slip to me that Cynthias often have problems in cold climates, such as winter, because the resin handle links are prone to freezing and shattering. A Sutton could be used year round though since they're pretty sturdy and spacious.

Wow...This is very important information for me since I live in Norway. Winters may bring very low temperatures here. I think I'll save up for the Sutton! But what about the color?

Wow...This is very important information for me since I live in Norway. Winters may bring very low temperatures here. I think I'll save up for the Sutton! But what about the color?
Since you already have a fuschia, dark dune, and navy bag, why don't you focus on black or luggage for your Sutton? Black if you want a more dressy, sophisticated bag. Luggage if you want a more every day bag.

MK offers Sutton in several colours. Here in NA this fall's new colours are luggage, deep pink, black, and a triple-stripe black, white, and pearl grey. I personally like the triple-stripe Suttons since they can go with more of my wardrobe than say a solid colour bag. There was, and still is, a Sutton in luggage, white, and black that has my attention :graucho:

MK offers Sutton in several colours. Here in NA this fall's new colours are luggage, deep pink, black, and a triple-stripe black, white, and pearl grey. I personally like the triple-stripe Suttons since they can go with more of my wardrobe than say a solid colour bag. There was, and still is, a Sutton in luggage, white, and black that has my attention :graucho:
I also love the triple-stripe (i.e., center stripe) Suttons. Mine is the center stripe navy/white/luggage one. The new pearl grey/white/black one is also gorgeous.

I know...Also love the one in pearl grey at Nordstrom. Only problem is that they ( Borderfree) apparantly take almost 155 $ in tax, even though bags are allowed to import without tax addition. Can't get the grey here...
Importing it this way would be close to 70 $ more than the luggage/black/dark dune that are being sold here.