What to do with these fakes ? Please Help

looking at who carries the bags authenticates them

ROFL there is another thread suggesting looking at the automobile into which the bag carrier steps or emerges as an authentication method.

I think I would stick with something more traditional like taking any bag you're not sure about to an authorized reseller. Granted, this is something that you can't do with bags carried by other people you see in the streets, but I think if anyone is really concerned about the fashion accessories of strangers, to know for sure would spoil a lot of the fun anyway. ;)

Socialite- I have an even better idea, Why don't you just mail them to ShimmaPuff and let her handle it!!

Don't do that! Mr Puff would just plant a miniature rose in it, and he already has enough roses to care for!

I've been in the poor position and I know as desperate as i may be i would not want a fake bag written and drawn on

It's fairly easy to alter the logos in a couple of places, or even all of them, if you have time and want to, that would either be unnoticeable by anyone who was not examining the bag closely, or actually improve the look. I'm not a fan of monogram patterns, though, so my opinion is admittedly biased.

With the greatest respect, I think that sometimes people here tend to forget that most people do not have anywhere near the knowledge and expertise regarding the cavalcade of offerings that pour out of the various design houses, and handbags in general.

Most people, rich, poor and the dwindling numbers of those in between, do not have anywhere near that level of information, even interest, that I am so impressed to find here.

Though I have not been here long, this forum is, in my view, the definitive site for finding Leading Authorities on the subject of Everything Handbag.

The "outside world," as it were, is not. ;)

I say:
At the risk of sounding snotty, looking at who carries the bags authenticates them. I'm sure that if you saw your resident cleaning lady carrying a Balenciaga lariat, you would know it was a fake.

No problem, people take risk's all the time, some work and some don't. In this case it did not work. I apologize to the all the hardworking cleaning ladies including mine that I gave an authentic LV to as a show of appreciation for her dedication, loyalty and hard work...:flowers:

I'm sorry, but even though it is illegal to sell fake bags, some people don't have the money to buy real. I don't see the harm in someone liking a style and not being able to afford it, so they buy a fake one. Fake bags will never stop selling so why stress it. And I'm sorry to all the people getting so offended by what I am saying, 1; I was one of those people once that could not afford these bags and 2; if you get so offended by them...don't ever go to NYC.

And to whoever said "look at the person wearing the bag and then you'll know if it is fake or not"; I work in retail and you would be suprised by the people who come in (and what they look like) and drop $2000+ on handbags! Never judge a book by its cover.

i have to agree with fendilover here. you could just make someones day by giving her your knockoff. not everyone cares if their bag is real or not. it may be garbage to you, but to a lady who has nothing it could mean so much. and as far as who is carrying the bag helping distinguish what's real, that's too funny :roflmfao: . you know how many woman i've seen dressed to the nines carrying fakes. and my mom got an authentic speedy 30 (we had it authenticated at the boutique) at a garage sale for $2. i think even a cleaning lady could have afforded that!

Why not donate to the Women's Alliance? They provide business clothes and professional accessories to help women in transition enter the work force and overcoming the barrier created by the cost of "making an appearance." This way, your bag would be going to someone for a specific purpose and you wouldn't have to worry about it being re-sold by Goodwill or someone who buys it from Goodwill.

As I have stated elsewhere in this forum, I am anti-fake because I like to be a responsible consumer and I cannot track where my money is going in an unaccountable and untraceable black market. If I was in your situation, though, I would try to send the bag where it can really do some good. Info on The Women's Alliance is here:

How to Help :: The Women's Alliance

Spray paint (or Graffiti) the word FAKE across them, then send them to charity. People can then buy the FAKE Graffiti LV, and the money will go to a worthy cause.

Or the idea above mine is good too!

I would suggest sending it to a third world country and donate them to school children. You would be surprised how many kids carry their stuff around in plastic bags (I can only speak of Sierra Leone and Gambia)! The kids can use it to carry their books etc. Just a thought...

i have this same problem but i feel so bad doing anything with them
one is from my friends who knows i like lv and stuff so she gave me a pouchette and she was so happy when i carried it so i carried it to school for two weeks !!!!!
then my sister gave me another fake lv and she was very upset when i didnt like it (but i pretended i did !!!) and she called me an ungrateful little brat
it makes me feel so bad so i keep botth :\