What to do about two Jumbos? Dilemma

That blue is too beautiful to let go!!
But since you already have so many beautiful reds maybe you can let this one go...
I agree. You have so many beautiful reds, maybe this red jumbo is the one to let go.

The blue is stunning and I'd be loathe to give that one up.

Maybe wait it out another season...spring/summer is coming up. I can see so many beautiful outfits paired with that blue. This winter has been so dreary that a shot of color would be so enlivening!

I think it depends on how much money you can get back and how attached you are to them. If you lose a chunk, then I'd probably hold onto them longer and try to make them work. I'm sure not all the bags in your closet get equal use. I also agree that perhaps you can try to sell the red first-you have many other gorgeous red bags so I'm guessing you may miss it less. If you don't lose much money and you don't have any irrational attachment to either (I know I'm stupidly attached to some bags that I don't use at all and I can't get myself to sell them!), then send them to someone who will happily use them a lot more.

Oh Nico, I'm so sad to hear that your red and blue 13S bags having been getting used and you're considering selling. Both bags are gorgeous and I have to say that your pictures inspired me to go get Miss Cobalt Blue last year. The blue is just striking and so bright and full of life. That plus the matte gold hardware really make it a winning combination. I wouldn't let her go because it seems impossible to find. Blue goes with so much so I think you should give it some time to see if you can incorporate her more I to your life. As to Miss Tomato Red, I think she's beautiful too especially with the ghw, but as everyone said you have a lot of other red bags so maybe, if you mustttt, then sell her first. But honestly, I think you should give both a few more months and see how it goes. I don't use all of my bags equally, some have only been taken out once or twice, some used everyday for a few weeks and put away, some even still have tags, but I can't bring myself to sell them because I love them for their colors or style and they have a special place. Good luck with your decision dear!

Thanks ladies for all your advice. :flowers: :hugs:

I agree that I should try to sell the red one first, even though the hardware combination is just so difficult to find, it doesn't make sense when I have so many other red bags. I hate having items sitting in my closet and as of late due to personal reasons I really want to edit down the collection. The idea of "saving" something for sentimental or special occasion no longer appeals to me.

As for the blue one, I've always thought the colour was spectacular, but it's not been an easy fit into my wardrobe. I keep going for my black bag that just goes with everything. Ugh. I guess we'll see how the sale of Miss Red goes first! :smile:

Thanks ladies for all your advice. :flowers: :hugs:

I agree that I should try to sell the red one first, even though the hardware combination is just so difficult to find, it doesn't make sense when I have so many other red bags. I hate having items sitting in my closet and as of late due to personal reasons I really want to edit down the collection. The idea of "saving" something for sentimental or special occasion no longer appeals to me.

As for the blue one, I've always thought the colour was spectacular, but it's not been an easy fit into my wardrobe. I keep going for my black bag that just goes with everything. Ugh. I guess we'll see how the sale of Miss Red goes first! :smile:

Red bags are the most coveted even over black, so that should help with the sale of that one. A spectacular blue is pretty high up there as well, but not so much as red. Red will sell really fast.

Red bags are the most coveted even over black, so that should help with the sale of that one. A spectacular blue is pretty high up there as well, but not so much as red. Red will sell really fast.

I hope so! I don't have a lot of experience selling things on eBay, so I'm going to have to do some research first. Thanks for the info tutushopper! :smile:

I hope so! I don't have a lot of experience selling things on eBay, so I'm going to have to do some research first. Thanks for the info tutushopper! :smile:

Please be careful if you don't have much feedback or high end $$ feedback, as the scammers tend to gravitate toward new sellers. Bonanza is another idea if you want to do the direct route, and you know the second hand ones. Best of luck in your sale.

that red is breathtaking with the ghw..i'd keep the red and sell the blue although both are beautiful staples in one's wardrobe! i used to be very sentimental with everything, but i've gotten out of that by letting some of my bags go...if you're not enjoying their beauty or function, what's the point? the first few is the worst but it gets better as you go editing and pinpointing exactly what each bag means to you and your lifestyle. best of luck dear!

When I got back into Chanel last year I went a little crazy over all the new colours, especially Spring/Summer where I bought the red and blue lambskin jumbos with matte gold hardware. So my dilemma now is do I let them go? I have hardly used either (the red 2x, the blue 1x) since buying them. I think the combination of size and leather doesn't suit my lifestyle even though I love the colours and the hardware. Sigh. :cry:

Do you think I would regret selling them? Here are pics for reference.

Hello my friend! Nico I think you and I often think alike. And while I know you love these colors if you are already second guessing yourself you might want to think about selling one and after a week if you still feel this way, sell it. Same for the other.I know your focus is on your current and future needs, wants, desires and your wardrobe - and I also know that if you feel you have made a mistake in the future you can find it again - the beauty of Chanel. I just wonder that if you are moving in another direction do you still need to hold on to something you will not use?

Easier said than done and just my two cents. Good luck with your decision! :hugs:

Hey nico! How have you been? This thread saddens me but I completely understand. You have such an amazing collection of bags that you know what you will and won't use! I've been on a mission to down size - listening to a lot of experts regarding the theories of when more is just more - not better but just more. (Spinning straw into gold is a great read) I finally completed my closet renovation and my shoes are housed perfectly. While I was away, my husband took our fab friend up to see it - well, they looked at the soles of the shoes and most are unworn. And then the friend told DH what those shoes are valued at. It was ridiculous. I've actually sold off some of my shoes. Since I couldn't see them before the renovation, I was buying the same shoes (or close to). That's absurdity - throwing money away!

The jumbos are gorgeous bags! But if you won't use them, it's best to sell. I think you are close enough to the release to fetch a great price as they are still high on radar and in perfect condition.

Last edited: