Workplace What time do you have to be at work?

I have to be at work at 8 am. Ever since I started "real" work (after graduate school and getting my professional license), I've always started between 7 and 8 am. Those hours are standard in my industry. I'm used to it, but I'd still consider myself not a morning person. I'm always sharper during the afternoon hours. There are days when it's pretty hard, even after 7 years.

I work from home, so I wake up when I want.. unless there's a meeting scheduled. Working on my own time means that I work late into the night. Sometimes it's hard to stay motivated.

I try to be at work at 9 but my actual hours are flexible.... (Start-up.) People who work hourly shifts at my office start between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m.

I had to be in at 6 a.m. for a few days and that was miserable.

Usually I'm up at about 8:15, I try to be showered and out the door by 8:40 to drive in by 9 (11 mile drive). And no, I have not done my hair once since I've started working :P

I have to be in around 9a..but my boss is really laid back and doesn't really mind if you roll in 9-9:30, as long as its not all the time. So i get up around 7 if it's a "hairwash" day (like someone called lol) and 720 if its not a hairwash day..gotta be out the door by 8:05. When we have Wed. morning meetings with the sales dept, we have to come in around 8-8:30 to prepare, etc...but that's less frequent after the tv season ends (now)..gotta love the summer! Too bad the craziness is going to start up again once the new season kicks in mid-sept...looking forward to it lol. I leave around 5p unless i have some urgent work that needs to be done.

I'm starting my dream job on June 1, but I have to be at work at 7:30am (it's a hedge fund). This means I have to wake up at 5:45pm the absolute latest. I'm a little nervous about having to wake up so early and am concerned about being able to do that on a long-term basis.

What time do you wake up/have to be at work? And how do you deal with it?

I wake up at 06:30 and am at work at 08:00. My company is quite flexible, we may arrive at the office between 07:45-08:15.

I can get in whenever, and I usually roll in at 9:30. It's not uncommon for people to come in at 10 -10:30 though. The joys of working for a software company :biggrin:

Haha my DBF is the same-rolls into work around 10 or 1030 as well (tech startup). He's still in bed by the time I start classes!

When I worked last summer, I had to be at work at 8 and I woke up at 630, out the door by 7. I usually shower at night, so I didn't have to worry about that. And I also started eating breakfast/drinking my coffee at work, so I could sleep in a lot longer.