What shocks you the most about the price increase?

WAIT... THE prices for the LE items already out went up too. I bought my mirage griet for 3450 and the website says 3550. I thought the price increase was for classic line items (like monogram canvas)!?

I was surprised by that too. The Mirage Speedy went from $1870 to $1930, which I think is odd when most or all of them are supposedly sold out. Why bother with a price increase on those types of things?

do they honour their customers by like letting them pay the original price for a week? did someone mention this earlier?
Depends on your relationship w/SA, they have the ability to do it w/n week, but that's only if the store don't have what you look for (ex, ur looking for MIF, and all they have is MI USA).

Chanel don't just do one 22% per year, they have at least 3 major increases I know of, last same bag in 06 winter is costing K more now :wtf: With all the price increases all the power seller houses are having, I wonder if their leather/canvas artisan gets raise as well?

But like others said, this is what makes LV unqiue-guarantee increase & never goes on sale; even Chanel have sales from time to time.

I couldn't believe that the Motard line went up. Not much considering its already pretty up there but still. And the shawl, with tax, it comes out to the price of a speedy.

Well LV is a company that gets 75 percent profit for their products so the 'real' cost of our expensive purses is a joke...they pocket 75 percent...they just take advantage of the brand name they've created and the fact we like the bags.

I think our husbands/boyfriends/partners are in on it with LV. They want to jack the prices up so we won't buy any more LV. hahaha

O.M.G

The price of my Suhali Le Superbe that I purchased in early Jan. has gone from $3,150.00 to $3,300.00. Thats an increase of $150.00. So the more expensive the purse, the bigger the increase.

How can they justify that, and how crazy is that??

:boxing: :confused1:

Well LV is a company that gets 75 percent profit for their products so the 'real' cost of our expensive purses is a joke...they pocket 75 percent...they just take advantage of the brand name they've created and the fact we like the bags.

Yep! Same goes with almost every "branded" item out there. I read somewhere the actual cost of Nike shoes is like $0.97 to make, $70.00 retail.

I have always stood behind, that with LV, you get what you pay for in quality, craftsmanship, and lasting beauty. That doesn't mean that price increases don't make me go :Push:

Where to these wild ascertations come from?
Profit margin at LVMH is around 13.50%. Check out their financials - it is a publicly traded company.