What other bag distracts you from Balenciaga? Do you cheat on your bbags?

I love my bbags, but I also love my BV, MJ, and YSL. If I were to come into a large sum of $, I'd wait until I see a photo I am obsessed with, and then buy that! I'm so lucky....I get obsessed quite frequently, so I never have to wait long! :graucho:

I have a couple of MJ bags and the classic Speedy 30 but other than those its all Balenciaga. However, I am thinking of a muse for the fall because the colors look great.

Although Balenciaga is on the top of my list ..... I just bought anonther one (black & white striped Day) .... I do like other bags as well. I buy the bag not the designer KWIM? If I see a bag I like I get it no matter what designer it is. I have quite a few bags from different designers in my collection ... .Balenciaga, Fendi, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, LV, Bottega Veneta, Judith Leiber, Emilio Pucci, Mulberry, Dior, Tod's, Gucci, Etro, and Ferragamo. I'm like you as far as what bags I use. I rotate daily. Oops ... how could I forget my favorite bag of all .... my Hermes Kelly!

I cheat A LOT -- I use my MJ or LV bags/totes for work as I think the bbags are too casual for my line of work. I also have some other designer bags but haven't really had a chance to use them yet.

I prefer the bbags in the first size for going out and the hobos for schlepping around on the weekends.

Honestly, I'm pretty loyal to my bbags - I rarely wear another bag. They're just so 'me', I love them now, I loved them then, and I'll love them 20 years from now -- which is why I have spent the time and money to build up a true 'collection' - they're my forever bag so it makes sense for me! ;)

I do own other bags though -- I actually have quite a few vintage Balenciagas (and I mean true vintage, pre Ghesquiere, etc), as well as some other vintage bags (1960's Gucci, 1950's Dior, 1960's Pucci come to mind -- all given to me by my grandmother so they mean a lot :love:). And my other favorite designers are Chloe (limited edition 119/199 black abstract shape with intricate gold and bronze Moroccan style embroidery bag, original chocolate leather Silverado, small chocolate leather Charm bracelent bag) and Bottega Veneta (oversized unfinished woven huge sling/messenger bag, vintage blueberry/navy woven bag with heavy thick golden chainstrap)

:smile: so Balenciaga bags are the only bags you'll find me with (mostly)

oh, i'm definitely a cheater. my first love is bbags though. i'm not really a purse hoarder. if i find that a bag hasn't really been in rotation then i will sell it. i just feel so sorry for them not seeing the outside world. the only exception is my classic chanel and speedy 30... i hardly use them, but those have sentimental value.

I think variety is good -- spread the love around! :P

Seriously, I've got Chanel, LV, Fendi, YSL, Ferragamo, Prada, Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs, Mulberry, Nancy Gonzalez...In my opinion, its nice to have a variety of bags, ranging from unstructured/funky to more tailored/sophisticated.

since i work retail, i don't take my balenciagas to work because i don't want to stuff them in a little locker in the other side of the store where i can't keep my eye on them. so i cheat on them with a botkier, but it's for their own protection! during school, i use an LV tote, but if balenciaga made a school-appropriate tote, i'd switch it out in a minute! balenciaga is my one true love at the moment, and i'm trying to decide between a classique or a chanel classic flap for an evening bag, because i don't have a beautiful small bag. when i think about collecting more, though, it's always balenciaga that comes to mind!

i think the allure of balenciaga is that you don't walk down the street and see a dozen people with them, they're not obvious and showy and logo-ed all over. they're rare, beautiful, and only for people in the know :smile:

waterfalls: I'm actually having the opposite problem. I'm contemplating my next bag purchase and considering a Balenciaga but feel like I'm cheating on Chanel. hehe. I've been going back and forth for two weeks now!

I am very devoted to my bbags. Although I'm tempted to get a new bag when I get back to the U.S.,.... and it may be a chloe silverado.... but I promise to be faithful and stop by balNY before making any purchases.

chigirl said:
do any of you have threesomes? though i am trying to figure out how that would work.....

i find that the other bag gets jealous if i my bbag and i try to include a third. i mean, can you blame them? my bbags are definately better looking.