What makes an LV "Classic" ?

mibrahi3

:)
O.G.
Aug 17, 2009
I know the Speedy is the most talked about "classic" lv bag, and I used to think it's because it has been around for so long. But I also see people calling the Neverfull a classic as well and I know it came out not too long ago. What makes an lv a classic piece? :shrugs:

To me, a classic LV bag is a bag that I will still be able to use 10 years from now without thinking that it's outdated. Something that is neutral, classy, and can stay with me after many years.

To me, a classic LV bag is a bag that I will still be able to use 10 years from now without thinking that it's outdated. Something that is neutral, classy, and can stay with me after many years.

^^^I echo this.

Also, I think items that are not overly 'style' or 'time' specific. Take the Theda, for example. Many argue that all LV's are classic, but for many, that bag is such a 'specific' style that it can look dated to wear it now.

^Yeah, ewwww, I don't like the Theda^ :nogood: I am just glad the Speedy is a classic. It does have nice clean lines. I just wish that the handles were a little longer so they can easily fit through the wrists--especially while wearing a winter coat. Maybe that's why I got into the Batignolles line.