What kind of bag do you wear in very snowy weather?

What kind of bag do you wear in very snowy weather?

• Open top (for example, Evelyne)

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Top that partially closes (for example, GP with snap)

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Flap that closes but I wear open (for example, Birkin undone)

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Closes flap or zipper (for example, Lindy, “done up” Birkin or Kelly, plume zipped up etc)

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Are you crazy? I don’t wear fancy bags in the snow!

Votes: 55 50.0%

• Total voters
Polling to see what type of bags people wear in very snowy weather. I am wondering if I will actually use a GP in the dead of winter.
Good to see you are thinking ahead. Today it is 30 degrees and crazy hot out! Bikini weather! In the dead of winter I still carry my birkin open, as I always do year round. I never close the flaps on my bag. I don’t take public transit so I don’t know if my opinion would change if I did.

Reactions: honey and CMilly
Hi there! I tend to wear my black clemence Kelly. She handles snow and rain like a champ! I just dry her off when I get inside and have had no issues. She is definitely my rough and tumble bag. I have been caught in light snow and rain with my Picotin, but never full on blizzard. A Longchamp bag makes for a great water-resistant cover for H bags or serves as a great snowy day alternative.

Good to see you are thinking ahead. Today it is 30 degrees and crazy hot out! Bikini weather! In the dead of winter I still carry my birkin open, as I always do year round. I never close the flaps on my bag. I don’t take public transit so I don’t know if my opinion would change if I did.
This is what happens when I score a winter colour GP in the dead of summer. Now having second thoughts!

Bleu nuit (which is sort of silly since I have a blue nuit evelyne). I am more concerned about getting use out of it in winter or if I should put the money to something the closes and can handle snow.
I have used my birkins over a decade through winter and never thought a second differently about it! Congratulations! I love bleu nuit. I too have a bleu nuit Evelyne. A BN GP is a great neutral that will go with so many different things. I don’t have a GP so I am not sure but isn’t there a snap closure at the top?

Hi there! I tend to wear my black clemence Kelly. She handles snow and rain like a champ! I just dry her off when I get inside and have had no issues. She is definitely my rough and tumble bag. I have been caught in light snow and rain with my Picotin, but never full on blizzard. A Longchamp bag makes for a great water-resistant cover for H bags or serves as a great snowy day alternative.

You’re so smart! Covering H bags with Longchamp when needed is a great idea! Can still use nice bags in the snow :smile: I think me and OP live in the same climate. Sometimes it snows very heavily - up to and including blizzard level. Covering yourself and the bag aren’t always options.

Reactions: CMilly
Bleu nuit (which is sort of silly since I have a blue nuit evelyne). I am more concerned about getting use out of it in winter or if I should put the money to something the closes and can handle snow.

Lucky you! Blue Nuit is about as close to perfect a color as you can get. So dark and inky it looks wonderful with hunter green, burgundy, camel, gray, ivory, rust and even black— or any Fall or Winter color, and yet, fundamentally, it’s dark navy blue, the classic color for Spring and Summer that looks crisp with whites and reds, snappy with pinks, oranges, greens, and yellows. I debated on my last wish list between asking for a B in Noir or Blue Nuit. I love my Noir, but BN would have been more versatile.

Last edited:
Lucky you! Blue Nuit is about as close to perfect a color as you can get. So dark and inky it looks wonderful with hunter green, burgundy, camel, gray, ivory, rust and even black— or any Fall or Winter color, and yet, fundamentally, it’s dark navy blue, the classic color for Spring and Summer that looks crisp with whites and reds, snappy with pinks, oranges, greens, and yellows. I debated on my last wish list between asking for a B in Noir or Blue Nuit. I love my Noir, but BN would have been more versatile.
Both noir and BN are lovely. I am just debating keeping the GP vs holding out for a k32 retourne (on my wishlist) which would close and could be worn crossbody but I worry it’s too formal for many situations on my life, especially those where I could wear a navy bag. I don’t want three navy bags. I am making this more complicated than it is.

Reactions: Etriers
Basically all kinds of bags. Even the Evelyne... as long as I'm not carrying electronics which could be damaged. My phone is waterproof... I do prefer the flap ones or zipped ones in snow though. I have carried my Clemence B and Evelyne in snow because I knew they would be fine. But usually I would probably go for an LV canvas bag. Good in every weather.

So true!

Reactions: Etriers
Both noir and BN are lovely. I am just debating keeping the GP vs holding out for a k32 retourne (on my wishlist) which would close and could be worn crossbody but I worry it’s too formal for many situations on my life, especially those where I could wear a navy bag. I don’t want three navy bags. I am making this more complicated than it is.

Lol! No you’re not. These bags are expensive so it’s good to think through all of this. I think you’ve headed the right direction. BN is a great color, which you obviously like and goes with everything. I would keep the GP in BN as it is a great multi-season work horse. You can load it up and still look pulled together, and you’ll have it forever. If you have a lot or varied things to haul or a fragmented day, you can carry the GP filled with books and papers etc. and it will look chic with your “matching” Evelyne worn crossbody holding your wallet and personal things. You can change up the look dramatically with Twillies. So now you have a nice looking, elegant set while you wait for your perfect Kelly. Since you feel the Kelly would be dressier, instead of getting that in navy, why not get Kelly in black, gray or Etoupe? You’d have a terrific core bag collection.