What jewelry craze/trend are you so over/never got into?

This too! I walked into one of their stores to check it out and everything was very mall jewelry to me and over-priced. I really don't get the hype. Maybe its just me. :shrugs:

i know! i have no idea why either and trust me I have 'tried' to like their stuff. this is after 20+ years of trying to find something nice...and not a single piece called out to me.

i DO like their boxes though, love that blue :lol:

The pandora/trollbeads thing... Any beaded bracelet actually. I was really into chunky jewelry for a while but now i prefer more delicate settings.

Also i dont get the whole love bracelet thing either. And id love something from tiffanys but nothing has stood out to me so far, at least not with its prices lol.

I don't feel particularly strong about trends I never got into but I don't seem to wear my H CDC any more - I liked it more when no one knew what it was or who made it. Don't get clic clacs but I do love my enamel - I have always loved enamel.

Hate that full finger rings are more common now but not enough that I'm put off wearing mine (quite handy for travelling on public transport). Still love gold bangles and hoop earings although they are done to death where I live.

Never got

friendship bracelets
1/2 heart things
Tank watches (all my watches are vintage)
Stacked rings or bracelets
Costume jewellery that cost more than the real thing
Vermicelli anything
Naive styling that is just an excuse for poor workmanship
Precious Teddy bears (guilty for having 3 on a gold necklace LOL but it wasn't my choice)
Dyed/heat treated coloured diamonds (sorry)
Diamonds in silver
Tongue, cheek, eyebrow jewellery

Papertiger, I have to ask: why are full-finger rings handy for public transportation? I'm on the subway all the time and would love to know!

For myself, in answer to the general question, I am another one who never got the Pandora thing. Nothing against Tiffany silver in general, but the "Return to Tiffany" motif is so overdone (and probably geared toward the younger set anyway). I loved the oversized watch trend, but my wrists are so small they look silly on me, so I never got one. Now, I think that trend has hit a saturation point.

I do love having jewelery that no one else I know or see has. Not that they are not accessible -- a couple of my favorites are by Elizabeth and James, but no one knows what they are and they always get compliments. Also starting to love Stephen Webster as his stuff seems both edgy and beautiful.

Papertiger, I have to ask: why are full-finger rings handy for public transportation? I'm on the subway all the time and would love to know!

For myself, in answer to the general question, I am another one who never got the Pandora thing. Nothing against Tiffany silver in general, but the "Return to Tiffany" motif is so overdone (and probably geared toward the younger set anyway). I loved the oversized watch trend, but my wrists are so small they look silly on me, so I never got one. Now, I think that trend has hit a saturation point.

I do love having jewelery that no one else I know or see has. Not that they are not accessible -- a couple of my favorites are by Elizabeth and James, but no one knows what they are and they always get compliments. Also starting to love Stephen Webster as his stuff seems both edgy and beautiful.

Ha ha, just kidding, although sometimes not really :ninja:. Knuckle dusters are illegal in the UK but a couple of weighty rings will the do the 'job'. I have the most beautiful full finger ring in sterling silver, happily I commissioned it from a Student still at Uni and before Daphne Guinness started to be noticed with hers. The price of Loree Rodkin's are ridiculous and others are just base metal and too fancy. I wear mine (looks just like finger armor) with a very wide Pascal silver cuff, not goth at all but clean, modern and minimalist.

Ha ha, just kidding, although sometimes not really :ninja:. Knuckle dusters are illegal in the UK but a couple of weighty rings will the do the 'job'. I have the most beautiful full finger ring in sterling silver, happily I commissioned it from a Student still at Uni and before Daphne Guinness started to be noticed with hers. The price of Loree Rodkin's are ridiculous and others are just base metal and too fancy. I wear mine (looks just like finger armor) with a very wide Pascal silver cuff, not goth at all but clean, modern and minimalist.

Ha ha, I know what you mean about the public transport ... although sometimes I just wish I could have an invisibility ring to avoid the panhandlers! Your ring sounds very cool!

Chanel jewelry, esp the modern stuff -- you want how much for costume?!?

Love bracelets -- I'm old enough to remember when they were a trend in the 1970s, so to me they look dated.

Pandora -- I'm a sucker for charm bracelets, but this style is IMO a bit young-ish.

Return to Tiffany -- I dislike logo'd jewelry

VCA alhambra or Frivole -- I liked it at first, but then decided it looked a bit childish. Still love some of their brooches.

princess cut diamonds -- love the sparkle, but now the shape looks dated to me

Marquise cut diamonds -- I just don't like the long, thin shape of them.

Yellow diamonds
-- I won't say why, but I don't care for the color yellow in a stone.

Tribal or rustic jewelry -- Not a fan of jewelry that looks hand crafted for some strange reason. Which is a shame, because my little niece makes jewelry and gives me stuff now and then, so I wear it to please her.

Rolex watches -- I find them too big and chunky, almost manish.

Last edited:
Arm parties. I liked it when I was in grade 6...I had stacks of bangles and friendship bracelets and the leather cuffs LOL

I still think it looks great on others but I prefer wearing less Jewellery now, a statement piece or dainty Jewellery suits my style nowadays.

1. Hermes CDC and clic-clac
2. Cartier Love bracelet
3. Pandora charm bracelet
4. Thomas Sabo charm bracelet
5. Leather cuff
6. Overpriced costume jewelleries

I also don't get the "stacking" trend. Seems like every single fashion blogger, fashionista and everyone who has authority in the fashion world advocate stacking bracelets, bangles and rings.

Aren't Elizabeth and James the Olsen twins? They have a clothing line by that name.
Perhaps the full finger rings are great weapons?

Rolex watches, Pandora bracelets, Rose Gold

Big colored fake stones whatever necklaces like this:
fashion-squad.jpg