What is your Passion in life ?

1) What is your passion and more importantly, how did you discover it ? Being a mother and a wife; I didn't have any idea that was my "passion" until the day I brought my son home.

2) Is your passion your career or a hobby at the moment ? My passion is my life!

Fashion. I'm in my second year of studying it now and allthough I still really enjoy it, the work has definitely become more of a chore to me than it used to be. I want to design outfits when I want and of what I want. I don't want to be told 'it has to have this, this & this, but not this.. oh and I want it by monday'.. though I realise that's the sacrifice you make when you take it from hobby to career.

1) What is your passion and more importantly, how did you discover it ?

My passion is writing. I have been writing for maybe twenty years or so. I discovered it through keeping a diary/journal I guess. My mom used to be a school counselor, and every summer (as in the late eighties we did not have a computer) she would unplug the computer from her office and bring it home for my brother and I to use. I started off keeping a paper diary, but then I started to write one on the Apple ][, stored on thoe primitive floppy disks of the time...and from there I just started writing fiction. I liked to write because I LOVED to read, and the two are interchangeable in my mind. I would actually write stuff I wanted to read. Even now, stuff I've written is some of my favorite stuff to read!

2) Is your passion your career or a hobby at the moment ?

It's more of a hobby. I write a lot on my own time, from novels and short stories to this screenplay that I'm working on. I am also in the process of starting a local, literary journal (speculative fiction). I do a lot of writing for work, but as I'm in social services that's mostly documentation and not that fun. I plan to become a published author eventually, but I think that right now I'm trying to do too many things at one time to be successful at it in the immediate future. Yet, a girl can always dream.

How can I find out what my passion is ??

So I thought I would get the discussion started:

You might have to wait for your passion to find you. That's what happened to me ... I never had any clear direction but one developed over the years due to, basically, life throwing a "ball" at me, and me realising I could either catch it and run with it ... or not. I can't exactly say it's my career right now, but it will be, because it's become my life's work. I'm still researching at the moment.

I deliberately haven't gone into any detail because too much info could one day identify me ... it's an area that affects the vast majority of people, but there is so little information about it that if/when I make a name for myself, my name will be one of very few in that area. Not what I would have chosen for myself at all ... if I could go back in time, I'd save up, buy a cat boarding kennels, and spend my life tending to my little furry friends. Ah well ... :shrugs:

My passion is teaching... after doing my course and working in a hospital then realising that I didn't want to be stuck doing the same thing everyday I went searching for a job in Education - now I'm teaching Pharmacy to the up and coming young Pharmacists. It's so rewarding and fab. BUT it is super strange if you walk into a Pharmacy with a prescription and see whos about to dispense it... so you have to pick and choose what you actually hand over! hehehe!

I would have to say it's a career for sure... I can only see one way, and that's UP! :yahoo:Plus, it allows me to TRAVEL - which a hobby of mine that I LOVE with a passion!

I hope this thread helps you and anyone else to find what their passion is :wlae:

My own children are my passion. I'd do anything for them. I want them to have all the opportunities in the world and I want to give them all I can. I guess my passion in general is children. I'm a speech therapist and I work with children with all kinds of disabilities from a speech impairment to autism to learning disabilities.

Advocating for the disabled. Used to be jewelry design, but becoming disabled woke me up to what's important in life. Telling the stories of the people who can't tell them themselves has become a great passion. I touch on many of them here.

I also have a compulsion to find out what makes people tick, serial killers as well! Lately I've been studying women who kill. Fascinating study for the different reasons, all which are pretty much deeply emotional. The one I am studying right now is about a women who mercy killed her two sons with advanced Huntington's Disease.

I don't really have a passion in life I don't think, but I have this sort of weird way about me that I am not happy if I'm not busy with work. I could never retire I don't think and be very happy. I'll get burnt out from working a lot and want a break, but if I get slow at work I always get depressed. I've been this way forever.

My passion is the medical field. Ever since I was in high school I knew I wanted to be in the medical field. I was a dental assistant at 15 (yup a lot of people dont believe me) The reason was because I was in a dental program in high school, so they trained me and I worked 2 days after school and 1 weekend. Now I am a Nursing student and afterwards I am going to become a Nurse anestiologist. I also love entertainment news, but I am not good in writing....so I decided to not go that direction.

Music is my passion. I started violin 20 years ago, and found my salvation. It has helped me through every hard time in my life - and it keeps me going even when I want to give up on life. There are rare moments in performing, where time literally stops and one gets so caught up in the music...it's like breathing, seeing, living the music. It goes by too quickly. I've even found myself tearing up once in awhile from the beauty, but thankfully that only happens in orchestral settings where I'm not the main focus. Whew. :sweatdrop::shame:

It is my career, but the reality is, music does not pay the bills. Reality gets in the way much too often. If I could make a living full-time with music, I'd be in true bliss.

My children. Everything I do is with thoughts of them. As much as I love a good purse, I would never choose a purse over a special time spent with them and my husband. You can always get purses later but you can never get back those memories of watching their little faces light up when you bring them someplace wonderful.

1. My kids
2. Handbags, yes for real, I am totally obsessed particularly LV!

I have one other - I want to murder my ex & his fugly g/f (slowly) who carries a plastic patchwork handbag but I suppose if I say that here I could be arrested so shuuuuuushhhh!!!!! :roflmfao::roflmfao: