what is your opinion of emerald-cut diamonds? not sparkly enough?

i wish i can post a picture of the ring I saw looking at at rodeo, but here's the jeweler's website and the one I saw in person is similar to this one.

2.18 Emerald Cut

It's GORGEOUS and the craftmanship is AMAZING!
the best i've ever seen. it does sit somewhat high on the finger but really very modestly so. they had a matching razor cut pave wedding ring to go with it. droooling.........

kristy your 3 stone ring is soooo pretty!

I love emerald cuts. There are the trends that come and go for the "in" cut but, emerald cuts remain timeless. They just seem so elegant.

May sound silly but, round with a Rolex and emerald with a Cartier.

didi78, thank you so much for posting that link!! I have a large (well, large in my book) emerald cut that I want to have made into a coctail ring. I wonder if I could get away with a setting like that without it looking like an engagement ring?

I also really love the emerald cut diamond. It is so clean and classy. I have a square cut emerald ring. I love it just as much as I did (if not more) from the first day that he put it on my finger. I agree with others, if you like more shine but love that cut, maybe go for a band with princess cut diamonds. That would add to the sparkle! Good luck on your search!

Emerald cuts sparkle differently...it's big sparkles compared to many smaller sparkles of a round. know what I mean? It's personal preference. I prefer the round, but then I have a friend who has a beautiful emerald and I can't take my eyes off her ring...haha.

Lol, I feel like its sorta funny because you're talking about cushions and emeralds... and that's exactly what my bf & I have been lookign at. Emeralds are so classy and elegant, they really have a timeless and unique quality to them. I have always admired them but didn't think I'd want one as an e-ring and my bf picked one out for me to try on and it was stunning! I think the size preferences depends on you, I was happy with a 1.5 because I don't like big jewelry for every day stuff but seriously I sat with a cushion on one hand and the emerald on the other and couldn't decide! I was like sparkle vs. elegance and I couldn't decide which I liked more... so hard.

I think you'll be happy with either choice, what I didn't like was that the ec i tried on did not sit flush with a wedding band... but it seems like you've found one that does. Have you looked at asscher cut diamonds? There's the branded royal asscher and then just generic ones, square emeralds, those are really pretty too, but I have yet to try one of those on, maybe next week in nyc when we hit a few more jewelers.

They may not sparkle as nice as the round diamonds but it definitely be gorgeous if it's a fabulous piece. From the grades and all, I think it sounds excellent!

^^thank you dlg and Nola! I love my ring, It's not a huge diamond because that's just not me, though I think they can look beautiful on others......Plus my finger is a size 3 so it was difficult to get a setting that I wanted made.....finally Scott Kay agreed to make a 3.5 and I had to get sizing beads put in both rings...it was either that or just a plain band and I really wanted the princess cuts on the side to have a little sparkle to contrast the clean lines of the emerald.....

i think i decided that i like sparkle more than class (haha). I've decided on the tiffany & co classic! YAY!

Maybe i can get the emerald a few years down the road as a right hand ring.

mlredo. you're welcome. get it set in that! It's GORGEOUS!