What is your Hermes Work-Horse bag?

I have been using my VF Box Kelly every day and I love it but I have gotten water blisters once. They have gone away completely but seeing them was not a good feeling. So I am looking for a Kelly in a leather that works better in the rain. Buffalo, Fjord and Swift are supposed to be fine in rain but I am getting contradictory responses to Togo and Clemence. Some peeps say they are fine in rain others say both or either leathers blister with water droplets. Would love to get your input. Cheers.

I have a Kelly in buffalo and a Birkin in Fjord - both are absolutely amazing in the rain. My workhorse Kelly in black Clemence has never bubbled (though it hasn’t been in a downpour)

My Picotin 18 in indigo Barenia. I travel a lot, and this bag is just so versatile. It goes from casual to cocktail effortlessly.

Because of its dark color and small size, it can easily be worn with a little black dress and heels. Because of its jaunty shape and the turquoise chèvre that lines its handles, it can go out in the day with jeans. And although it'll never hold my laptop, it's a surprisingly capacious little bag, and I never feel short of space when I load it up for a day out.

Oh, and because it's Barenia, it's practically weatherproof, and I can rely on it to pop out of my carry-on bagging looking as fresh as ever after a 12 hour flight in cramped conditions!

I am contemplating forcing myself to make my Etoupe K35 my workhorse bag for the next few months. I have been babying it but am getting a lot less "bang for the buck" by doing so. Also I have seen some wonderfully patina-ed etoupes here.

Typically I change bags every day or two and move to a smaller and/or sportier bag on the weekend (J28 or similar size from another house). But I am trying to pare down my collection to not leave any of my girls left out for too long, and to add a special bag or two. So, adopting a "workhorse" bag for a stretch would help facilitate that.

So far I have not gotten into twillies but if I am going to rely on the etoupe K, especially during the summer, I think I will need a few. Funny how "paring down" always seems to involve buying something new! :smile:

View attachment 4054067 I like this thread:smile:

My work horse is bolide. If I bring my lunch box I use 35 otherwise 31. Bolide is light weight, zipped, can be both hand and shoulder carried. It’s my all year round bag.
I’ve got a lot of H bags, but my favorite travel bag is definitely my black 35 Bolide in Chevre de Coromandel. It’s large enough to carry everything, zipper closure for security, shoulder strap when needed, and formal enough to easily go from day to night. Love this bag.

I’ve got a lot of H bags, but my favorite travel bag is definitely my black 35 Bolide in Chevre de Coromandel. It’s large enough to carry everything, zipper closure for security, shoulder strap when needed, and formal enough to easily go from day to night. Love this bag.

hi luvquality, i have never seen bolide in Chevre de Coromandel, do you mind posting a pic of it? i'd love to see it :smile: