What is your Hermes Work-Horse bag?

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
I haven't started a thread in a long time so I thought I'd get back in the swing of things.......Yesterday I was just doing a little spring cleaning and while re-arranging my bags I got to thinking about which ones I reach for the most. And THAT got me to thinking about which bags I own that are my real true work-horses....which ones do I not even think twice about but simply grab when heading out the door regardless of what I'm wearing or where I'm going.

Most times part of the fun of owning a bag collection is thinking about which one to use with which outfit/shoes, etc. This is fun! I LOVE doing that! BUT sometimes I just have to head out the door and don't have the time .... THAT'S the bag I'm talking about. It might not be your favorite bag (or it might) it just does the job beautifully.

Here's mine.....

What's yours?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 11.43.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 11.43.40 AM.png
    477.8 KB · Views: 3,032
I am consistently wowed by the supreme usefulness of two of my Trims no matter the season or my ensemble, particularly when I'm rushing around for errands, work meetings, lunches, and shopping:

35cm Raisin Epsom Trim II
&
31 Ebene Barenia Trim 1

Also, an Indigo Barenia Evelyne PM 2 is a much grab-and-go bag for similar reasons.

But perhaps the great surprise is my set of Jige PM clutches. They go with everything, and I can put all the day's necessities within.

It's been eye-opening to realize this over the past months. I adore my Kelly bags, but it's these that I grab over and over again—so much so that I'm considering adding several more Trims to my collection.

I would have to say my Etoupe GM Evelyne and my Prune Bolide 35. I've others that serve various purposes and it is fun to pair them up with a particular ensemble, but if I've got to get out the door and get going....it's grab and go!

Beautiful Kelly S'Mom :tup:

I am consistently wowed by the supreme usefulness of two of my Trims no matter the season or my ensemble, particularly when I'm rushing around for errands, work meetings, lunches, and shopping:

35cm Raisin Epsom Trim II
&
31 Ebene Barenia Trim 1

Also, an Indigo Barenia Evelyne PM 2 is a much grab-and-go bag for similar reasons.

But perhaps the great surprise is my set of Jige PM clutches. They go with everything, and I can put all the day's necessities within.

It's been eye-opening to realize this over the past months. I adore my Kelly bags, but it's these that I grab over and over again—so much so that I'm considering adding several more Trims to my collection.

I was JUST thinking of adding a Trim to my collection....your Ebene/Toile sounds devine!!!!

Depending on how much I need to carry, either my blue sapphire Evelyne PM Clemence or one of my all-leather Garden Parties. As much as I love my Kellys, they are not "grab and go" bags for me, unfortunately.

I was JUST thinking of adding a Trim to my collection....your Ebene/Toile sounds devine!!!!

It's actually full Ebene Barenia (no toile). Here it is with the Indigo Barenia Evelyne and a Rouge Venetien Marwari.

I have a friend with a Natural Barenia and Toile 31 Trim 1, and it's gorgeous.

Attachments

• CompareGoldTone2 010.jpg
    CompareGoldTone2 010.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 2,983
Reactions: CapriTrotteur
I haven't started a thread in a long time so I thought I'd get back in the swing of things.......Yesterday I was just doing a little spring cleaning and while re-arranging my bags I got to thinking about which ones I reach for the most. And THAT got me to thinking about which bags I own that are my real true work-horses....which ones do I not even think twice about but simply grab when heading out the door regardless of what I'm wearing or where I'm going.

Most times part of the fun of owning a bag collection is thinking about which one to use with which outfit/shoes, etc. This is fun! I LOVE doing that! BUT sometimes I just have to head out the door and don't have the time .... THAT'S the bag I'm talking about. It might not be your favorite bag (or it might) it just does the job beautifully.

Here's mine.....

What's yours?

WOW! I love your Kelly [emoji7] amazing workhorse!
Right now with a toddler my workhorse bag is definitely my black Evelyne PM.