Food What is your favourite brand of chocolate?

Thinking about chocolate is making my mouth water.

Anyway, I've eaten Leonidas, Godiva, Neu Haus (sp?), Valrhona, Guittard (make great choc chips), Scharffen Berger, Ghiradelli, Harry and David, See's Candies, Lake Champlain Chocolates, Rowntrees and Cadbury's (I grew up in the UK so they will always be special to me), Nestle, Milka (I think that's what its called, has a lilac packet), Droste, Lindt, Ferrero Rocher (sp?) . Could be other brands but can't remember.

So where is Hersheys? Well regular Hershey bars and their kisses are awful, but they are trying to go upscale and have brought out 60% cocoa chocolate which is not bad at all, I really like it.

But my favourite is..... Leonidas. Its a Belgian brand. They have delicious truffles, pralines, ganaches, creams etc.

BTW I LOVE dark chocolate.

Leonidas chocolate is nice i went to their shop in ypres i also like lindt lindor yum

Really! Well I'll never eat them again then.

I heard/read that high fructose corn syryp is more detrimental to the body than normal sugar. Thanks for the info.

Yes, it is! Cause so many companies are using this now adds to our countries health problems.

I have some La Maision Chocolate powder for baking. Love that little shop in NYC! Down the street from Chrisities.

Debrand - right here in Fort Wayne, Indiana - is the absolute best chocolate ever! None of the huge namebrands can compare.
Here's a link
DeBrand Gourmet Chocolates
Be warned though, you will be hungry for a little something sweet after visiting this site! I may have to stop after work and pick myself up a little early stocking stuffer :drool:

Cadbury's made in Ireland. For some reason it tastes much richer and creamier than the Cadbury's made in the UK. I had some Harry & David's truffles yesterday that were awesome. Haven't had any Godiva in a long time, but if I remember correctly, it's very good too! Actually, I think a lot of the Belgian chocolates are good. Chuao is a smaller company that is yummy as well. I love chocolate.