Food What is your favorite pasta & pasta sauce?

Pasta is my staple and my all-time favorite is spaghetti Aglio Olio. What's yours?

-Wow! That is my favorite, too! Simple to prepare, and delish! I saute a few red pepper flakes in the oil and garlic, and and also add chopped up Italian parsely and sprinkle in a little Romano or Pamesan cheese before serving. Yum! Unfortunately, DH doesn't like it, so I have to make it for myself.

Not a big pasta eater, actually I'm not a fan of most grains. But I do have two favorite pasta dishes. I have no idea what the proper name for the recipe is, it was a special at a restuarant about ten years ago. It was jumbo shrimp with angel hair and broccoli in a very light champagne sauce. The second is simple angel hair with browned butter and tons of salty myzithra cheese. I've only had them one time each, but they were amazing!

It's so interesting to read of all the pasta sauces that you guys made up in the US and we in Italy have never heard of :roflmfao:

More in topic, my favourite is the simplest: spaghetti with olive oil, tomato and basil, sometimes with diced aubergines :drool:

Of course, being Italian, I'll eat any kind of pasta, as long as it's "made in Italy". I'm such a pasta snob!

bucatelli or rigatoni with bolognese
linguine with white clam sauce
farfalle with light alfredo sauce or any light white bechamel style
spaghetti primavera
lasagne with mushroom bechamel
.... i love all pastas, ravioli, tortellini, gnocci, etc

grated parmesan reggiano, sometimes pecorino romano

my favorite would have to be garlic shrimp with mini spaghetti made white wine, olive oil, lots of garlic, onions, cherry tomatos, lemon, butter, italian parsley, and parmesan cheese. my bf's favorite dish that i make.

I've gotten very lazy recently and have been making pasta with mozarella, tomato and some basil leaves... cuz it's really quick & easy. Surprisingly, it tastes yummy.