What is your favorite leather for a Kelly

I'd probably chuck a lung for a Kelly in Chèvre...LOL!!!

I've been liking a structure but a "soft" structure....KWIM?

Sellier Kelly in chèvre! Structured but not hard and stiff. Second choice would be Fjord. I'm always tempted by Ardennes because the older bags on eBay always seem to be in fairly good condition for a grained leather, but I've never seen or handled it in person.

Sellier Kelly in chèvre! Structured but not hard and stiff. Second choice would be Fjord. I'm always tempted by Ardennes because the older bags on eBay always seem to be in fairly good condition for a grained leather, but I've never seen or handled it in person.

Me too! There's something about that leather that's got hold of me. Maybe it's the sheen? My fear is that it's too much like Epsom in the feel of it....too papery. KWIM?

Peau de porc, absolutely my favorite. Then box. I dream of toile someday.

I only have two. The pig skin one (Peau de porc, as you call it) and a green box. So hard to choose between them. Then again I've yet to see a Kelly I did not like.:cool: I think toile would also be very nice though hoping to get a new one in one of those grained leathers.

I only have two. The pig skin one (Peau de porc, as you call it) and a green box. So hard to choose between them. Then again I've yet to see a Kelly I did not like.:cool: I think toile would also be very nice though hoping to get a new one in one of those grained leathers.

I didn't realize your box Kelly was green! I thought it was black (these days I admit I'm not a close reader on tPF; too rushed through the posts). We both have vintage green box Kelly bags!

I love structure in my Kelly. The porc one I have seems to have turned me fully into a sellier gal.

I didn't realize your box Kelly was green! I thought it was black (these days I admit I'm not a close reader on tPF; too rushed through the posts). We both have vintage green box Kelly bags!

I love structure in my Kelly. The porc one I have seems to have turned me fully into a sellier gal.

It's green. I need to take a better photo, see if I can get some information about the actual name.

I prefer a sellier Kelly, though I do have a retourne clemence.I have two box sellier K's and love them, but then I got a sellier togo K and I think that is the best of both worlds

I prefer smooth leather for the Kelly (probably because my Evelyne and GPs are all grained leather, so I want something different in the K). Box, Chamonix, barenia, swift .... My favorite non-H bag is chèvre, so although I've never seen a chèvre Kelly, I bet I'd love one.