What is your favorite leather for a Kelly

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. ....and why?

I ask this because I love Box Calf and I thought that was "IT" for me but as I get older I'm finding I ALSO like a bit of a more "pliable" leather for this style.

Anyone else in the same H boat?

2. I have one in chèvre, and one in swift. Though I dislike swift for Birkins, in the Kelly Flat the edges are resined and it keeps the leather from wearing the same way it does on the piped corners of a Birkin or a retourne Kelly.

And my chèvre bag is smooshier than you would think!

I think a Kelly in clemence would be really nice - all the elegance of the bag's design, with the casual look of clemence.

3. Totally!

Box will always be my first choice for a Kelly but if I get to make a 2nd choice that would be chèvre.

4. I've got a Kelly in clemence which I use like a workhorse (it's practically travelled the world with me) but I am now finding it a little too slouchy for my liking and the resin is beginning to split at the corners next to the flap.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395624603.744944.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395624626.465610.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395624644.893657.jpg

5. I love barenia, box, chevre, ostrich and small grained togo. I like bags that dont slouch too much.

6. ^^Gorgeous bag!

7. Box. Or barenia. Or toile. :biggrin:

8. S'Mom, are you thinking sellier or retourne?

9. Anything sellier. Prefer the boxy structure.

10. I'd probably chuck a lung for a Kelly in Chèvre...LOL!!!

I've been liking a structure but a "soft" structure....KWIM?

11. yes! I love retourne that stands up straight but with a little softness to the sides

12. Epsom, sellier. I like the kelly with a more structured look.

13. gosh i would LOVE a chevre kelly... chevre anything actually!!! :biggrin:

14. Yes, Carlinha.....Chevre is SO gorgeous. I have a Web in Fauvre Chèvre and it's SO lush...

15. What do you guys think of the old Ardennes leather? I don't know but there's something about it that's intriguing me....