What is the rarest Birkin you've ever seen?

My sightings aren't Birkins, but Kellys. Do they count? Anyway, I just wanted to share because these are rare. Kelly Elan in rose beige croc and a 28cm croc sellier Kelly in vert jasmine. I know jasmine is a discontinued color, but it must have been a VIP color in its day because I've only seen that color one other time. And mind you, I've been hunting it down because I would like everyone here to see what a beautiful color it really is. This has to be the most beautiful color Hermes ever made.....................and I'm not a green person.

This one...

I believe it's made of Barenia Naturale & some kind of kimono silk material.

wow! gigi, where did you see that one? the kimono is too beautiful!!

i think the diamond croc rouge birkin for now is the rarest... but i only started shopping hermes since november so i'm sure i'll find something rare in my endeavors!

My sightings aren't Birkins, but Kellys. Do they count? Anyway, I just wanted to share because these are rare. Kelly Elan in rose beige croc and a 28cm croc sellier Kelly in vert jasmine. I know jasmine is a discontinued color, but it must have been a VIP color in its day because I've only seen that color one other time. And mind you, I've been hunting it down because I would like everyone here to see what a beautiful color it really is. This has to be the most beautiful color Hermes ever made.....................and I'm not a green person.

Drool! :drool: :drool: :drool: I'd imagine that Vert Jasmin in a croc Kelly has such a lovely, sublime look to it. I'd use it as a summer evening bag!
And beige rose on an elan is fabulous!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

HG, thanks for bringing this up because it reminds of a question I've been wanting to ask. Croc Kellys. Are ALL croc Kellys made only in the sellier style? Retourne construction means the kelly has to be turned inside out in the process. I can't imagine croc being turned inside out without damaging the scales! :wtf:

Sorry to hijack this thread to ask this question.

A few years ago in the window of 24 Fabourg - the most beautiful Vibrato Birkin 35.
As I recall the leather part was light/medium grey with vibrato in white/black/different tones of grey. Since I am more familiar with H colors now, I think they were anthracite (or graphite), gris tourterelle, gris clair - it could be others as well, I am not sure. I fell in love with Hermes greys after seeing this bag... I actually find them to be the most fabulous neutrals, the great alternative to black and white.
:heart:Elena

I think they do make croc in retourne because I recall a member from a different forum mentioning that she has it on order. Furthermore, I was thinking that since they make Birkins in croc (which is kind of like retourne), they should also do the same for Kelly. However, my personal preference is sellier with croc Kellys.

^^ yes me too. My craftsman says it is extremely difficult to turn out the shiny croc for retourne as the scales may get destroyed in the pricess, and then they have to ditch the whole bag. It didn't occur to me to ask him then do croc Kellys come in retourne then. Hmmmm....

Ahhh YES!!

Well, I've seen a polaroid of what I was told was a Vert JAsmin Croc. Beautiful - I'm with HG, the most beautiful colour I have ever seen. :love:

I would lurve to see this vert jasmine! I'm sooo into green right now!