What is the color/birthday or my Stam?

i agree, she's giving me the runaround. she ended the convo by saying to come back saturday for an exchange, else she can't do much else for me. she basically put the blame on me for not realizing the bags were fake in the first place. then she promptly excused herself to help a customer. and being in my cube, i had to hold back the scream.

what should i do now?

ichelle, i'm so sorry you have to deal with all this crap. i love how she thinks that because she's a consignment shop, she is absolved somehow for having sold you a fake. just because customers drop off replicas does not mean she HAS to sell them. what's even more interesting is that buying fakes isn't illegal, but selling them is, so it's irrelevant whether or not she originally purchased the fakes herself. she's obviously irrational and obstinate to boot. it sounds as if reasoning with her won't work. i'm not sure how effective threatening legal action and law enforcement will be, but since you lost quite a bit of money, i would try to at least file a police report and see what they can do.

you have your credit card company as a last resort. trying calling them again to speak to another agent. when i purchased a fake and the ebay seller refused to refund me my money, i called them to do a chargeback and they agreed to it within ten minutes. my claim did not take 90 days. perhaps you were speaking with someone who didn't know what they were talking about? good luck! i am hoping everything works out for you in the end.

ok i called the burlingame police. they told me i'd need to come in to file a report but their hours are only until 5pm. sigh. this is so frustrating. i don't want to have to take time off from work just to settle this mess! :sad:

I would ask that they meet you there - Maybe she would be more cooperative with them there too. I would also take a camera and take pics of assorted other bags for documentation and if she asks let her know that you have contacted a local TV station/news anchor and they were interested in the story of a Consignment shop selling fakes in the area... yada yada yada. Which actually might be worth doing... I know where I live we have an anchor that loves busting scammers... Who knows what might happen - it already appears to me based on what you have relayed that she is not really in an accomodating position. Why not put her straight into a defensive one??!?

I would ask that they meet you there - Maybe she would be more cooperative with them there too. I would also take a camera and take pics of assorted other bags for documentation and if she asks let her know that you have contacted a local TV station/news anchor and they were interested in the story of a Consignment shop selling fakes in the area... yada yada yada. Which actually might be worth doing... I know where I live we have an anchor that loves busting scammers... Who knows what might happen - it already appears to me based on what you have relayed that she is not really in an accomodating position. Why not put her straight into a defensive one??!?

My you are GOOD. Excellent.

Ooooh I totally agree!! Get a cop!! I'm sure she wont have anything to say then..huh...the nerve of people!! I"m almost sure that this is NOT the first time this has happened to this owner...she wouldn't have gotten so defensive...?

I LOVE forenfinal's idea of telling her you contacted a news station about her shop. Heck, why not email or call one of your local stations like forenfinal suggested? All of the news outlets are into the "investigative reporting" angles and this just screams an undercover report!!

I'm so sorry this still hasn't been fixed yet ichelle. I hope the rest of the week goes by fast for you and this finally gets resolved in your favor on Saturday!!

i agree...these are amazing ideas. Try to have a cop meet you Sat. not in the shop, but near...or outside..tell him your story, write a report, etc, then go in, so you have him armed with your side first. take the cam for pics and maybe try contacting a local newsperson with your story...there's alot you can do with this. this woman seems like she gets away with alot.....and im SURE at least 90% of her inventory, if not all are fakes. she needs to be busted wide open and shut down. you can do it ichelle! :heart:

yes i am so happy to have you guys on my side. and i am definitely planning to stop by the burlingame police station on saturday to file the claim and try to have them accompany me to the store. i will also try to see if i can get an investigative report with a reporter. lots to do in the next few days.

effing brilliant!!! it's illegal to sell replicas even on consignement. There was Tyra Banks episode where she went into a consignment boutique and tryed to hawk a fake LV bag (the episode was on counterfeit bags). definately contact the local news!!!! they love this kind of stuff. :yahoo: ooh this is going to get good, and i hope this lady learns her lesson from ripping unsuspecting customers off!!! and more importantly, i hope you get all you $$ back

I would think that you coming into the store with your camera is going to spook her as it is... Start taking pics of the bags INSIDE and OUT... IF asked call it documentation - better yet EVIDENCE.
I am serious - reporters LOVE this stuff. Especially since the bags are fake but not represented as such until AFTER the sale. Her high-end consignment shop is going to take a hit one way or the other... Let's say that there are some clients that use her services to sell their bags and she adds her own KNOCK - OFFs to the mix... I, for one, would be mortified to have my closet overstock parked next to some fake bag... I would honestly call a station and tell them the story... My guess is that with all the press on fake bags lately - they could end up doing alot of your leg work!?!