What is the best quality LV bag so far ?

Hmm... I'm a fan of canvas. Out of that, DE is definitely my favorite. I have OCD and was frequently trying to clean the trim and handles on Mono - I hated when it looked dirty. Again, that is due to the OCD.

I think the quality depends not only on the bag but on the owner, as well. I am very particular about everything I own, so my LV never even touch the floor (seriously, they get their own seat in the car or are in my lap and at night they sit in a chair in my bedroom). That being said, I might think a bag has fantastic quality but someone who has more usual, frequent use of their bags might disagree.

Probably not a great answer, but I think different things work for different people.

Hmm... I'm a fan of canvas. Out of that, DE is definitely my favorite. I have OCD and was frequently trying to clean the trim and handles on Mono - I hated when it looked dirty. Again, that is due to the OCD.

I think the quality depends not only on the bag but on the owner, as well. I am very particular about everything I own, so my LV never even touch the floor (seriously, they get their own seat in the car or are in my lap and at night they sit in a chair in my bedroom). That being said, I might think a bag has fantastic quality but someone who has more usual, frequent use of their bags might disagree.

Probably not a great answer, but I think different things work for different people.

+1.. As far as the OCD goes, I wish I wasn't as anal, but I'll never change. I cut hair and I'm the same way with my clients. I check the cut over and over thinking a hair is going to pop out of no where. My clients love that part of my OCD though...:biggrin:

I think sully is a well made one, with thick canvas, special multi-layer handle, beautiful hardware, and nice zipper and lining. Classic Mono speedy seems to be no problem and considering the price it's a decent deal. Just my two cents :smile:

My SA mention the same bag.. Sully mono.. Thanks.. :smile:

I am also in the market for a new LV bag. But so far, my favorite has got to be the Estrela MM. As a mother to a 1 year old, I needed a purse that has the room for everything I need. I also love that this purse offers multi carrying options. Its a fabulous purse. The only downfall is that the leather on the bottom corners of the purse does ware. And if you are anything like me, I am not exactally gentle with my bags lol. Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you everyone. I am glad i am not the only one who think LV is not as durable as before. :smile:
As for now, i dont really like SC. Eerr, i prefer speedy b empriente, which i already have. And i heard SC is heavier than empriente. I dont own any epi at the moment. But i am looking for everyday bag, so i dont want to baby the bag at all. I am ok to baby vachetta coz i have my magic cream.
So my next question will be.. What is the best model for canvas bag in terms of quality ? TIA.. :smile:

Would you mind telling me about magic cream?

I think the speedy b is actually really poor quality, but I've been buying LV since the "golden days," back in the late 70s. Very poorly made. I do like my mono metis a lot, but I'm branching out into other designers and leathers. There is honestly no way I would buy a speedy B. I think they are "outsourced," and honestly really poor quality. There is no excuse for shoddy, mis-matched hardware, thin canvas and poor quality in terms of quality control. It's a horrendous shame. For those of us who purchased LV back before the merger and when it was truly a luxury, it's horrifying. I try not to think about it anymore when I buy new LV items to be honest. It makes me feel old, and sad somehow.

I look at my original LVs from Catholic prep school (uniforms, Scottish Shetland sweaters) and my heart is sad.

I wish people could see how they used to be: thick canvas, solid brass hardware, lifetime warranty, true luxury. It's a bygone era. Only Lanier of London (the maker of the Queen's handbags) and Hermes come close. LV used to be in that rarified circle.

Obviously, I still buy, but no mistake: it's not the same.
This is so interesting to me who is pretty new to the brand. I sure would love to compare an older LV to one of the newer ones. I look at the preloved vintage every now and then probably for this reason. And to even think about how the prices used to be for what you got, compared to now.. it must really seem insane. Unfortunately that's what it seems things are headed, higher prices for less quality. :sad:

I have noticed the higher quality canvas bags have the following features:

Brass feet
Polished brass hardware (not matte)
Microfiber lining

Artsy, métis, Pallas and others are all like this and have less issues, in my experience.

Leather and exotics also have great quality.

It's the mass-market bags- NF, speedy, Eva, etc that sometimes let quality slide. You can find great quality in these models, but due to the mass production, the quality can vary from one bag to the next.

I am also in the market for a new LV bag. But so far, my favorite has got to be the Estrela MM. As a mother to a 1 year old, I needed a purse that has the room for everything I need. I also love that this purse offers multi carrying options. Its a fabulous purse. The only downfall is that the leather on the bottom corners of the purse does ware. And if you are anything like me, I am not exactally gentle with my bags lol. Hope this helps :smile:

My mom have estrella. Its a durable bag and comfy too. She wears a lot for almost 2 years, no problem so far.

Would you mind telling me about magic cream?

Its colonil water stopper. I have applied on my speedy mon monogram 3 years a go. Only 1 time applied, and its still works until today. I accidentally spill lots of water (1 whole glass) to vachetta handle, and when it dried, all watermark gone. :smile:

Brass feet
Microfiber lining

Artsy, métis, Pallas and others are all like this and have less issues, in my experience.

It's the mass-market bags- NF, speedy, Eva, etc that sometimes let quality slide. You can find great quality in these models, but due to the mass production, the quality can vary from one bag to the next.

My bad experience is with neverfull ikat. Its limited edition. I dont know if this is consider as a mass-market-bags. :smile:

Brass feet
Microfiber lining

The leather line seems to have glazing and sagging issue imo.