what is it like to be naturally beautiful?

Like I said before, we are all beautiful in our own ways.

Makeup shouldn't make you prettier, it should enhance your natural beauty. Honestly, I don't think any woman can be truly ugly. We are all beautiful, it's just that society brands us with the "perfect woman" that has flawless skin, perfect hair, the perfect slim body, etc. Our perception of beauty is totally wrong in my opinion. You don't have to be perfect at all to be beautiful and we shouldn't conform and try to look like someone else to achieve beauty. Just be who you are and don't let makeup be your face. Let the real you shine through. I admit I like how I look with makeup rather than without, but I don't plaster my face with it and I surely don't say I look "ugly" without makeup. How can you even call your made up face "you" if it's a mask to make you more pretty?? Sorry for the (kind of) rant.

I really don't know the definition of 'naturally beautiful' anymore. Western ideals of beauty are really different from those of other continents and cultures. Even in Asia, what is thought of as naturally beautiful varies from one geographic region to another.

For example, in my own culture it's considered 'naturally beautiful' to have as fair a complexion as possible. So it's stay out of the sun, wear hats, carry sunshades and all that. I come to the West and find people baking in the sun and going to tanning salons because they want to look darker......

Even issues of weight, hairstyle - everything is so different. I take everything on a case by case basis and firmly believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

And the perfect slim body is not perfect in my culture either...women who are curvy are considered to be beautiful. I was a size 2 a long time ago and my grandmother used to tell me "Eat up! If you look like a stick, no man will want to marry you!!" Ouch!!!

Ok let´s ditch the classic "beauty comes in all shapes" talk (which I agree BTW) and get some true experiences ! I´d like to know too !! I´m by occidental society standards considered "pretty" or "attractive" but not "beautiful" !! and I wouldn´t want to be...attracts trouble and jealousy.
From my experience from being "ugly Betty" in early teens to "attractive" after....
Well, you don´t have to do much to be accepted in a group of cool people, but you get approached by all sorts of guys and I had to play it down in terms of make up or clothes if I wanted to stay out of trouble, but you start questioning the role of your mental skills and have to prove more than a "pretty face", people are quick to judge, when going out in bars or clubs you get approached or touched so you build a self protective image of "cold *****".(which you don´t like yourself).
And for men the most important is self confident and approachable women, and when being too attractive you become distant, guys only talk to you with interest in mind, so the interaction to others is a bit fake...Now I am getting older, less attractive, I feel much better about myself and it all !!

I think beauty is a matter of opinion anyways, so even if you are 'naturally beautiful' to some people, other people might not think so.

i normally don't wear makeup actually and people always tell me I have beautiful skin. I do put a lot of skincare products on my skin to try to prolong the "beautiful skin"

i normally don't wear makeup actually and people always tell me I have beautiful skin. I do put a lot of skincare products on my skin to try to prolong the "beautiful skin"

AHH now were getting somewhere. is this what the OP meant if so I commend you for speaking out, I wasnt going to be the first but I too dont where make up, if I do it will be eyeshadow. my eyes and lashes are really dark so people just assume Im wearing it to begging with, but most people ask me all the time how do I keep my skin so soft and clear. I never use compacts. The weird thing is I started using oil of olay when I was like 8 my mom use to have it so I started using it. By NO means does this mean that Im attractive it just means that Im definately not afraid to leave my house without a ounce of makeup on.

I think beautiful people have it easier in many ways (actually this has been confirmed by plenty of psychological studies. Good looking criminals also tend to get a milder sentence!) but I think there are downsides to it as well. Like someone else mentioned, it'd make it difficult to maintain friendships with guys because they end up thinking they're in love with you. And I'm sure it doesn't feel very good when the men you date treat you as a trophy, or flat out tell you that one of the reasons they like being with you is because they like to "show you off"! :Push:

This is all hypothetically speaking, of course. I look like a hairy version of uncle Fester without make up on.:P