What is it about this brand?

I hear you. I never really noticed until I bought one. Now I count them as I walk down the street, but it doesn't take away from my pleasure carrying my own!

I agree with you. I see them everywhere, but that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy using mine. I also enjoy other bags as well. Sometimes, I don’t want the design to scream Louis Vuitton, but do want to use a good quality bag. Still love using my LV’s, but also enjoy my other brands.

Their communication team is excellent at selling the Louis Vuitton dream: you buy a Pochette Clés and you feel like you bought a piece of hardsided luggage for your upcoming first class transatlantic voyage on a steamer boat.

:lol: This is exactly how I feel with LV. With Gucci I feel like it’s 1978 and I’m at Studio 54.

So, I was visting home (NYC) and was so impressed w/the SA's in both locations there. Of course I checked out some new bags. Traveling, I do see the value of getting the Neverfull someday (thought I wanted the South Bank), but I see now it is not as practical for me. This is my first trip with my Speedy DE 25 and Piano mono tote and so, so pleased. Ladies and gents, I am hooked.

I was never into LV before, then last year, I was in the mood for a Speedy B. I bought one and now I have...a few...

+1. I was never into handbags let alone LV. My car and my husband are my handbag lol. I only started carrying handbag last year ever since I got i to LV. Now I am addicted to it. I made a purchase nearly every month, so etimes multiple purchases. And I bought LV just because I liked them not because I needed them. I was living a very simple life until I found LV. Not sure whether it's a good or bad thing. I've been trying not to accumulate things too much and succeeded, again until LV.

For me it's very much the timelessness of the brand and the carefree canvas.

I love how I don't have to baby LV bags and they still look great after 10-15+ years of use.
I'm definitely not one of the people who panic when the vachetta goes dark or gets rain spots; I never cover it up as it's natural for that kind of leather to get a tan, besides, I think it enhances the pieces... shows it has history and has been loved (i.e. used).

I feel sad when I hear people actually freaking out about using their LV's [with vachetta] in the event it's too sunny or there's a risk of rain or they might be using hand-cream that day, or a gazillion other reasons.
Even trying to cover the leather up in all sorts of ways... chemical and physical!
I just couldn't imagine owning anything that made me that anxious to use (and they are meant to be used!!)

They remind me of my mom and grandmother. My mom got her first Speedy 25 at I. Magnin if anyone knows that that is. It was around $500-$600. Then my aunt and grandma both liked it so much they each got one too. Then my Mom Started collecting. I think of her. I bought my first one 27 years ago and have kept collecting over time.

The quality and history. For me, I only like one or two items from other brands (ie my awesome YSL wallet that will never go in a YSL bag because I only love that one item). Agree with the 70s vibe of Gucci- not for me. I also agree with the member who said she was living a simple life until! Started last year as a “Might as well get a preowned LV and see what all the hype is about.” To owning 3 bags and 4 SLGs. I have bought and sold about 10 preloved in that time, too! They stand out to me as worth it.

Reactions: LaDolceLaria
The quality and history. For me, I only like one or two items from other brands (ie my awesome YSL wallet that will never go in a YSL bag because I only love that one item). Agree with the 70s vibe of Gucci- not for me. I also agree with the member who said she was living a simple life until! Started last year as a “Might as well get a preowned LV and see what all the hype is about.” To owning 3 bags and 4 SLGs. I have bought and sold about 10 preloved in that time, too! They stand out to me as worth it.
Ha. Since I began this thread, and became a first time LV owner last Jan with a new Speedy, the tally is 2 preloved bags, 3 SLGs (one preloved, 2 new) and a new silk bandeau. Oh, my SA did give me a free, stamped luggage tag, too. Now, I am stalking a new NF GM in mono.

Reactions: MooMooVT