What is it about this brand?

1. I'm pretty new to the LV world and I have to admit, I never thought I'd be so taken by a designer handbag. Ever. For me, it is a timeless elegance, the smoothness of the zipper, the perfect stitching and softening of the leather. They make me feel so special and make any outfit pop. I just have two - one bought new just 5 months ago and another, pre-loved, last month. And I keep looking at more and now joined a forum! Ladies, what IS it about these bags?

2. Their communication team is excellent at selling the Louis Vuitton dream: you buy a Pochette Clés and you feel like you bought a piece of hardsided luggage for your upcoming first class transatlantic voyage on a steamer boat.

frenchyo8, nicole0612, Ida2 and 21 others like this.
  3. The elegance is what I love most in a Louie Vuitton bags.

blushnkisses and LaDolceLaria like this.
  4. *Louis :flowers:

Ida2, BULL, JadaStormy and 1 other person like this.
  5. I love this brand not just for the designs but for all the intangible value eg, the history/ heritage, expertise in craftsmanship the many years they've spent evolving and perfecting . I guess I do have a particular love for old traditional trusted brands that have that 'pursuit of excellence' ethos carried forward from the beginning to present day. I just appreciate how much work and effort that has gone into the brand many moons ago to get it to where it is today.

6. For me, I’m a big fan of the canvas. I love how it feels, how light it is and how durable it is. I love that I generally don’t need to worry about using my bags and that my bags look basically new after years have passed by. And, there’s definitely something about the big zipper pulls that I adore (like the ones on the Totallys) :loveeyes::loveeyes:. I also love that many bags can transition from dressy to casual. It’s just a brand that overall fits into my life easily :heart:

7. They are well made, dependable, and pleasing to the eye.

8. +100!!!!!!!

9. I just wish one didn’t see them everywhere these days. As much as I love them, I’ve branched out to include other brands. Feeling like Louis Vuitton is everywhere these days.

Prouduscmommy likes this.
  10. I fell in love with Louis Vuitton after watching Coming to America and seeing the luggages and bags in the airport scene, I was a kid then. I'm much older now and still very loyal to the brand. To me it is classic, elegant, luxurious, and timeless. I enjoy seeing it on the youngest of youngest and the oldest of old. I love it dressed up and dressed down. It makes my heart flutter.

11. My mother and grandmother had them, so I grew up with them. I love the history and the "Parisian-ness" of them. I love the monogram canvas and int he older pieces, I love the durability of them. I love the untreated vachetta and the fact that many of the designs are still in existence. I literally go googly-eyed when I see one of the od, hard-sided trunks :smile:

LaDolceLaria likes this.
  12. I hear you. I never really noticed until I bought one. Now I count them as I walk down the street, but it doesn't take away from my pleasure carrying my own!

GGGirl, Ida2 and Prouduscmommy like this.
  13. I love the timelessness of the classic bags as I want to use them over many years without feeling that they are "out of style". They go with and dress up almost every outfit. I also like the versatility and durability.

LaDolceLaria likes this.
  14. I have mono pieces and I love that they go with jeans and almost any colour outfit. They are status-ey but not in an over the top way. Most of the designs are classic and age well. They just look warm and inviting to my eye.

LaDolceLaria likes this.
  15. Keep in mind that many LV bags you see on the streets are fake.

Ida2 likes this.