What is considered the LATEST fashion?

The latest fashion is everything! Skinny jeans, wide leg pants, leggings, cropped leggings, metallics, babydoll and all of the above you all already mentioned. The latest fashion is wearing whatever you want from the above, just styling it right for balance. I love todays fashion cuz you have so many more choices than any era before.

:roflmfao: Rim Shot!
icon_notworthy.gif

I love to do this, but my neurosis is that it must be a planned element of the entire ensemble, even if the
"ensemble" consists of jeans and a t-shirt. Unless I have specifically "designed" a mixing of metals, if I am wearing gold(tone) bling and change to a bag with silver(tone) hardware, I feel compelled to change the bling. If i don't, I will feel funny, even if I am just going to the supermarket!

I suspect this has to do with my ancientness, and hope that the coming generations will liberate themselves from this sickness. ;)

Again, fashion trend do lean itself to all people with difference in taste and conservativeness. That is why there is something for everyone, products catered to different people.

But, certain color combination do have visual logics like the color wheels.

Visual logic; when you put either a red or blue against the most matted silver, you will still see a red or blue hue in the matted silver surface... not so with (either matt or shiny gold which turns all color warm due to its yellow tone.

That is why silver (like a mirror) can pick up gold tones in itself hence making the color pairing work. Just like picking a color from your favourite painting to match color in the tapestry in your decor. Interior decorators use this for color scheming a room all the times.

That is why the designers setting today's trend is doing what they are doing with confidence... pairing the silver with the gold, like your D & G bags/shoes... even pairing the earth tone of brown (which is a mix of all colors of the wheel) with black (non-color).

...certain color combination do have visual logics like the color wheels.

Visual logic; when you put either a red or blue against the most matted silver, you will still see a red or blue hue in the matted silver surface... not so with (either matt or shiny gold which turns all color warm due to its yellow tone.

That is why silver (like a mirror) can pick up gold tones in itself hence making the color pairing work. Just like picking a color from your favourite painting to match color in the tapestry in your decor. Interior decorators use this for color scheming a room all the times.

That is why the designers setting today's trend is doing what they are doing with confidence... pairing the silver with the gold, like your D & G bags/shoes... even pairing the earth tone of brown (which is a mix of all colors of the wheel) with black (non-color).

Whoa lolitakali! Thank You! That is GREAT stuff!
:heart: You have totally and comprehensively validated both my black-brown AND metal-mixing in one fell swoop, and you have done so with an eloquence that is a pleasure to behold, and a brevity that turns me green with envy!

It is wonderful to learn WHY we do what we do, and armed with this knowledge, I will do it better!

shimmapuff, I used to be the same way, now I am more adventurous, you should give it a try, it's great!

LOL Josephine, I have always mixed them, but on purpose. When I find myself unexpectedly mixing them, as in my example of feeling compelled to change bling if I change bags, it is the unplanned aspect of it that causes the distress, and after what lolitakali has taught me, I think that I will be planning it more!

But now, I will not automatically change, but take a moment to see if the serendipity bag-bling mixing might just be reflecting something in an adventurous and unexpected way, and I will Decree it to have been subconsciously planned!
:wlae:

:roflmfao: Rim Shot!
icon_notworthy.gif

I love to do this, but my neurosis is that it must be a planned element of the entire ensemble, even if the
"ensemble" consists of jeans and a t-shirt. Unless I have specifically "designed" a mixing of metals, if I am wearing gold(tone) bling and change to a bag with silver(tone) hardware, I feel compelled to change the bling. If i don't, I will feel funny, even if I am just going to the supermarket!

I suspect this has to do with my ancientness, and hope that the coming generations will liberate themselves from this sickness. ;)

Shares your pain of the OCDresser :sweatdrop:

High-waisted jeans and shorts. Victorian boots (actually any type of ankle boots), jazz shoes, wood soles sandals, Wayfarers, knee length socks, tulip skirts, fringe, turbans, mini skirts, bustiers, marabú feather,cropped jeans, leather bomber jackets, babydoll dresses, thick black tights, emo, mod, etc...

e.g. of wood soles sandals
bottegaveneta.jpg

e.g. knee length socks
preppy.jpg