What inspired you to get your first LV?

I admit- it was Jessica Simpson on N'weds. When I saw the bags, I feel in love with them. But not the big bags she carries, I am all about the little pochettes!

I've been drawn to the monogram pattern since high-school... and it's only been recently (20 years later) that I could bring myself to spend that much on a handbag. I still love the monogram pattern and really like the history... the fact that items in this pattern were used for luxury travel around the turn of the century.

It was the history and luxury of louis vuitton that made me want to buy one. But also when the multicolor collection came out i was in love with louis vuitton and had to have one.

I'm a sad story, I hated buying purses because I resented spending the money on them & not really liking them but knowing I had to have one to carry my stuff.
One day I spent a bit of time looking at a the fancier counters at a dept. store & got a Gucci & I thought "this is fab, why have I been wasting $25.00 a year at KMart on crap bags that don't hold up when I can spend 50 times that to buy a bag I seem to love & that will hold up for years.
So then I started buying luxury bags, all different brands.
I was in Atlanta with my daughter last year, going in & out of every store, but as soon as I went into the LV & held the Manhattan in my hands, I was a goner. The canvas shone, the bag had a wonderful leather smell & that was it for me.
The other bags all were sold off (except one Prada I'm not ready to sell yet) & a love of LV took over.
Sorry I blabbered on.

I was a child ( around 5 years old )and I was walking in Paris with my parents when my father said to me in front of the Louis Vuitton Montaigne Avenue Store : "Vuitton is unaffordable !!!" and I was impressed by such a luminous ans luxurious store. I could not imagine I would be able to buy these wallets and bags 17 years later. Louis Vuitton is engraved in my heart forever ...

The first LV I got was a mono pouchette when I graduated from college because I thought it was so cute and I needed a nice going out bag since I would go to the bars all the time back then! I would say honestly I was more into the label back then, but then I really grew to love the quality of LV while I had that and pretty soon I was completly obsessed!

I have yet to own LV but seeing a woman a couple months ago carry a blue Epi Alma was like a dream. : swoons : And also discovering the Damier Azur collection was definitely put me over!

I've always wanted LV but never really had the courage to spend that kind of money on a bag until I met my bf so I guess you can say that my bf was what inspired me to get my first LV.