What foundation do you recommend???

wickedassin said:
I think Becca makes AWESOME products. All their items have SPF in them. You can get a liquid "tinted" moisturizer with color and SPF and use their concealer. Of if you want more coverage, use their stick foundation. I love that your face looks like you and you're not in a cakey mask...

I just use my own moisturizer and use a foundation brush (synthetic fibers) to put on the stick foundation in areas that I need coverage. Then I just dust on loose powder. It works very well!

Some Nordstrom, BG, and Sephoras carry the brand. It's worth checking out!

I might check those out too! Thanks for the suggestions!!

i love MAC's studio fix liquid foundation. i usually just use the powder, but when i go out at night i use the liquid make up and it's perfect. plus MAC has so many shades! i had a hard time looking for the perfect make up since my skin is so light (think nicole kidman) and this one is perfect!

I use Estee Lauder Ideal Matte, it's a mousse-like consistancy. It says matte and pretty much oil-free all day. I only have to put powder on once a day to blot. It's awesome and not that expensive, around 35 dollars. It's the best I've ever used and I've tried them all!!

You know, I think foundation is something that you just have to try. What may work for you may not work for others- just wanted to you to take the reviews with a grain of salt. That said, I really like Giorgio Armani's Lumninous Silk Foundation- great coverage and very natural looking. I also like Dior's "light" foundation (Diorskin?) as well.

Yea, I just hate having to go through all this trial'n'error crap!! It's soo frustrating!!!!:Push:

I'd like to see if there was one base out there that had an overwhelming majority of votes but guess diff things work on diff people in diff ways. That's the frustrating part about it! :wacko:

coachwife6 said:
I use Diorskin and it's a powder foundation. I put the Smashbox Photofinisher under it. I like it. I have big pores. But have been blemish - free my whole life. I know....you can hate me. But the black pores around my nose are the curse of me. Have tried everything to get rid of them.

I use Dior skin aswell, but the fluide foundation. I swear by it. Poeple always say I have wonderful skin and assume i have a serious beauty regime. (I was and moisterise and exfoliate every 3 days...thats it).
I used to have srious skin problems, but this foundation has helped and looks so natural. I'm thrilled with it!

Why would you not just spray it on a sponge and aply it to your face ?

jc2239 said:
that's my main complaint with this....it's a pain in the ass to use, at least for me......when you spray it it kind of ends up in your hair, so whenever i used it i made sure it was right out of the shower, when my hair was up in a towel, so none of it ended up in my hair (but it got on my towel).....it takes a little practice but basically you spray in a quick circular motion around your face (at least i do) and then a tiny bit more wherever you might need more coverage....it's like a real quick misting.....then you can either let it air dry or pat it with a sponge......you should definitely have a make up lady try it out on you before you buy it tho (although i'd found that dior make up ladies are horrible at applying make-up, and therefore no help at all)......

jasanna143 said:
So would you recommend the Diorskin or the LM products more? Does LM have oil-free products that won't clog my pore or break me out even more?

I'd recommend the Giorgio Armani foundations - matte silk and luminous skin formulations. My skin is combination and they both work great (Matte silk in the summer since it is drier). Both are oil free. Problem is you need to go to a armani counter to determine what color you need. Its carried at some saks and neiman marcus stores as well as on line. My other recommendation, no matter what foundation you use, is to buy a foundation brush. Lots of lines carry them - how you put the foundation on makes a lot of difference. Putting it on with your fingers does not work that well.

For the dior airflash, on tv, I've seen it sprayed (by carmindy on what not to wear) on a cosmetic sponge (a triangle) and them patted on someone's face as opposed to literally spraying it on your face directly.

Bag Fetish said:
Why would you not just spray it on a sponge and aply it to your face ?

honestly i'm really anal about bacteria on sponges and brushes and stuff, but too lazy to actually wash the sponges or bacteria, so i prefer for the whole thing to be tool free :shame:.......plus if i touch my skin with sponges it tends to flake a little (and during the summer i'm so overheated i dont' wanna touch my face with anything)

but i'm sure spraying it on a sponge works great.....i guess for me it just defeats the purpose of buying a spray on foundation, if i have to bother using a sponge with it :lol:

Tpr Speedy said:
I LOVE Bare Minerals! At first, it seems kinda tricky to apply, but once you get the hang of it, you won't want to use anything else.

I've been meaning to find that foreverrrrr! Do you only wear it on your face, or do you wear foundation under it too?

Right now I'm using Maybeline Pure Makeup, because it has a lot of water in it and good for my sensitive skin. But I use moisturizer by Aveeno that helps with redness. It's the Ultra Calming one. It works great.

I have oily skin and I'm prone to breakouts (and I'm in my forties!) I use Lancome's wet/dry powder foundation. It gives full coverage without upsetting my skin.