Food What Food Or Drink You Tried That Was Disappointing???

This reminded me of being given freshly killed deer meat to try by a guy i was dating...
(Yes he shot it. skinned it, cooked it :amazed: )
He tricked me by saying it was "chili" I should give it a try:huh:
That awful taste stayed in my mouth for 2 days:yucky:
A few weeks later he tried to trick me into eating squirrel,,, Needless to say I never ate at his house again. :P

Glad you're no longer dating that bozo. Tricking someone into eating squirrel or deer meat chili is not kind. When I was a kid we were poor and people were always giving us deer meat. Awful stuff. And it does have a strange aftertaste. :yucky:

Reactions: HandbagDiva354
Glad you're no longer dating that bozo. Tricking someone into eating squirrel or deer meat chili is not kind. When I was a kid we were poor and people were always giving us deer meat. Awful stuff. And it does have a strange aftertaste. :yucky:

My backyard had 6 Pecan trees, it was a playground for squirrels. One day he brought his friends to my back yard and they literally pulled out rifles to shoot them :amazed:. When I realized what they were doing I started screaming and yelling at them to leave! I considered those squirrels as pets and they were thinking of them as food!:yucky:

Needless to say no more country boys for me!

My backyard had 6 Pecan trees, it was a playground for squirrels. One day he brought his friends to my back yard and they literally pulled out rifles to shoot them :amazed:. When I realized what they were doing I started screaming and yelling at them to leave! I considered those squirrels as pets and they were thinking of them as food!:yucky:

Needless to say no more country boys for me!

Oh man! :amazed:

All that KFC stuff is nasty. I refuse to buy any of it.

This reminded me of being given freshly killed deer meat to try by a guy i was dating...
(Yes he shot it. skinned it, cooked it :amazed: )
He tricked me by saying it was "chili" I should give it a try:huh:
That awful taste stayed in my mouth for 2 days:yucky:
A few weeks later he tried to trick me into eating squirrel,,, Needless to say I never ate at his house again. :P

This is funny. I grew up in the country & have eaten a wide variety of foods. Because of this, I've always been open to trying new foods especially from other cultures. We ate game meat growing up & still do. Any game meat has to be prepared properly before it's cooked or it's going to taste crappy. For example, Deer meat should be soaked in buttermilk overnight to draw out the wild gamey tastes. I roast a deer tenderloin that's wrapped in bacon & served with a orange peach chutney sauce & there is never any left over. Bear meat is very rich & should be properly soaked before cooking as well so the gamey taste is removed. Elk is delicious & tender. Buffalo as well.

We went to some Scottish Highland Games Festival several years ago & I tried the Haggis. I wasn't very impressed but if I get to go to Scotland, I will try it again.

Reactions: HandbagDiva354
Everything at Dunkin Donuts has been a disappointment. I received a gift card at Christmas. The coffee tastes burnt, the breakfast croissant was cold and today I ordered a Vanilla Chai and after the foam settled the cup was almost empty. The worst part was that it was not only literally 4 sips, the last sip was nothing but powder.

IMG_1488120895.418766.jpg

Reactions: uhpharm01
Oreo donuts, was going crazy to try one and when I finally got them they didn't wow me lol. But then again I doubt I'm a donut person, that lingering taste of frying fat is off-putting