What Food Or Drink You Tried That Was Disappointing???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Ok I went to the grocery store today and saw a seasonal alcoholic drink" Hurricane Punch Smirnoff Ice". On the box it looked delicious and fruity. In reality it tastes like Children's Creomulsion Cough Syrup!
    On the positive side it's quite potent and I have quite a buzz :P

View attachment 3417658

DDO408 likes this.
  2. Haha, I love this thread! I tried peanut butter and jelly Greek yogurt at Trader Joes, which sounds like a combination of everything amazing, but it tastes awful.

HandbagDiva354 likes this.
  3. Oh man! How can you mess up peanut butter & jelly?! :smile:

4. A few weeks ago I tried the Smores Frappe from Starbucks. I had seen quite a few people post in on the "LV at Starbucks" thread and it looked so yummy. Almost half of it was chocolate syrup and after only a few sips I got a sugar headache and extremely nauseous. I spent the rest of the day lying on the couch ill. Needless to say I haven't wanted Starbucks since.:sad:

5. Maybe that's a blessing in disguise

6. Yes it is...for my pocket and my waistline! ;)

7. Fresh smoked mackerel, I like tinned mackerel in tomato sauce and thought this might be worth the extra money, but it was full of bones, leathery, and weird, a bit like eating King Tut's old jockstrap! :amazed:

Never again, the tinned stuff is great for lunch on toast or with salad, 70p a tin, the fresh was about 4 times the price and I couldn't finish it.

krawford and HandbagDiva354 like this.
  8. That sounds awful!

9. Exactly... LOL... not going to Starbucks anymore.. liking Oren's better

10. What is Oren's? Is this a coffee chain?

11. I think it's a chain in New York. I've heard others talk about it but I've never been there. Maybe hotshot will come back and inform us :smile:

12. Lay's wasabi ginger potato chips were horrible.

This may be blasphemous, but a lot things in NYC that I was excited to try have been disappointing - Lombardi's pizza, magnolia bakery cupcakes, dough doughnuts (literally threw it away) - however many things live up to the hype.

13. I tried the Lay's Cheesy Garlic Bread and the Lay's Chicken and Waffles. They were disgusting too. :yucky:

14. Is this the same brand that had biscuits and gravy flavored chips? I was so tempted to try them, but I read reviews that that were really gross. Imagine that

15. Oren's is a coffee chain with various locations in NYC...& their coffee &coffee beans are delicious

krawford and HandbagDiva354 like this.