What does USA REALLY think of the Beckhams?

Don't hate me but I think she is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS (lol while typing that I thought of the show LOL) ! I just think she is gorgeous! Granted she is a bit thin but she looks so great in anything she wears.

As far as him, I have never been a fan of blonde men so he bores me. nice bod though! :graucho:

Pele couldnt do it because he didnt look like David Beckham, he didnt have a famous wife and he didnt lead a celebrity lifestyle!
Maybe David hasn't won a world cup with England, but are you not aware that he was part of the most succesful Manchester United team ever???? They won the treble, and won the Champions League against Bayern Munich - so I don't think you can question his footballing skills.
And so what if he doesnt make an impact on football in the US? Would you turn $250million? I know I wouldnt!!!

I am not questioning his soccer skills at all, obviously he has to be good to were he is now, all i'm saying is that in MY personal opinion I dont think he's that great...yes he was part of the most successful manchester team and all but most people in America usually only watch soccer when the World Cup is on and in MY opinion he hasnt really done anything Spectacular to make him stand out above the rest. Everyone i've spoken to only really know him because he's soooo goodlooking and stuff....

And I personally dont care how much sponsors pay him to come out here. What bugs me is that they keep saying it's for him to bring soccer over here when in reality alot of people have the impression that they're not coming over here for soccer, but for other reasons.

Gosh there are loads of different opinions on them I'm glad I started this thread.

I had just heard so many things about what the US thought of them, I thought I'd actually ask.

I agree that they do a great deal for Charity, more than the public know, and that as parents they seem to be great.

I still think Victoria is too thin, should smile more and thinks maybe that she is more important and special than she actually is.

Their move to the US is definately what she has been waiting for but don't worry, aparently she does not want to act in films or anything (I was worrying that was why Tom Cruise was her new best friend!!!).

It has been reported that she wants to create herself as a full on fashion designer so there could be a thread on her some time in the future asking about her designs.

I am not questioning his soccer skills at all, obviously he has to be good to were he is now, all i'm saying is that in MY personal opinion I dont think he's that great...yes he was part of the most successful manchester team and all but most people in America usually only watch soccer when the World Cup is on and in MY opinion he hasnt really done anything Spectacular to make him stand out above the rest. Everyone i've spoken to only really know him because he's soooo goodlooking and stuff....

And I personally dont care how much sponsors pay him to come out here. What bugs me is that they keep saying it's for him to bring soccer over here when in reality alot of people have the impression that they're not coming over here for soccer, but for other reasons.

For me the World Cup is only a tiny part of the football world...how someone plays week in week out for their club side is alot more defining.

I do agree he is not really coming to LA for the football though...I think he has sold himself short to be quite honest. (in footballing terms)

This is so very true. Soccer is the #1 Worldwide sport actually. It's the most popular sport in most all other countries in the world...therefore it is certainly much more popular than American Football----which is only popular in America.....

Umm the question is what does the USA think of the Beckhams. Not what is the most popular world wide.
Football rules here over soceer. Many other sports are higher up the food chain than soccer. Nascar, basketball, baseball, etc.
So most americans probably don't really care.

Gosh there are loads of different opinions on them I'm glad I started this thread.
I still think Victoria is too thin, should smile more and thinks maybe that she is more important and special than she actually is.

Their move to the US is definately what she has been waiting for but don't worry, aparently she does not want to act in films or anything (I was worrying that was why Tom Cruise was her new best friend!!!).

It has been reported that she wants to create herself as a full on fashion designer so there could be a thread on her some time in the future asking about her designs.

I agree. She thinks she is more important than she really is. I just hope her and David don't decide to make a duet album or something. Also, she already has her start in the fashion industry. She just started putting her name to sunglasses and has been "designing" for Rock and Republic for the last couple of years.

I agree. She thinks she is more important than she really is. I just hope her and David don't decide to make a duet album or something. Also, she already has her start in the fashion industry. She just started putting her name to sunglasses and has been "designing" for Rock and Republic for the last couple of years.

I think, instead of doing work for other people like Rock and Republic she wants to have her own line like Jennifer Lopez. The sunglasses are just the beginning as are the Jeans she has designed for Rock and Republic.

I'm not in the US (i'm in Australia) but i had to chime in..

David is good to look at, but once he opens his mouth, it's a real turn off...

Plus, they are so tacky IMO. They have money, but that does not buy you class. They are just OTT with everything..

That said, i think that is why i like reading their news/thread like this. I just find their antics amusing.

It's like something is hideous but u just can't look away, if u get my drift....