What does everyone think of the "classic" Coach leather bags?

MY first bag was a basic bag back in the 1980's- it's British Tan. Unfortunately I took it to a bar one night and it got a soda stain on one side. I have a few other bags that are no longer made- sort of hobo shaped with a long shoulder strap. I'm sorry I let my Mom give away her Bonnie Cashin satchel- what was I thinking!

I have several and I love them. That said, I wouldn't pay full price for one now since they can be had in new or practically new condition on ebay for so much less. The reason I have so many of the classic bags is that those were the ones being made when I started collecting. :smile:

Same here, I have quite a few of the "classic favorites" from years ago. They are in perfect shape, the leather is gorgeous. I don't remember what I paid for any of them, but I wouldn't part with them even though I don't carry them anymore. I see women with some of the ones I have, and they look great. I often think about using them, they are so classic and still look so good. I guess that's why they are still being carried after all these years. I did see a couple of the styles that I have at my Lancaster outlet a while ago, I was really surprised. Also the SA at my Macy's who has been selling Coach for years carries the Janice's Legacy bag which is one of the ones I have.

I love the Willis/Station bags. Always have & I especially like that the long strap comes off & you can carry it by the handle. I also LOVE the thick leather & the fact that you don't see them that often. As much as I love the current stuff, sometimes its nice to have something different.

I agree. What I love is that not everyone has these bags and if you use one, you certainly won't see a every other person you pass with the same bag as you have. I also have the Willis and I think it is really a classic. Very tailored looking.

My first "good" purse was Coach: the basic bag in wine/burgundy. I've since had another basic in black, a city bag and a Janice's legacy, several wristlets (including a "classic" in black leather), and a couple of really small "classics" not currently on the web page. Friends have a Patricia's legacy and a stewardess. These bags, to me, are what makes Coach timeless and classic. I've had the city bag for over 20 years! It's still beautiful, people recognize it as Coach, and the quality of the purse (the leather, it's durability, and it's absolutely "classic" appearance), is what has made me appreciate this forum and the other purses I have come to love by other designers. I compare all my new purses to my Coach classics. The Coach classics are just that, classics in every sense of the word, recognized and timeless. Can't you see I'm a fan?

My first "good" purse was Coach: the basic bag in wine/burgundy. I've since had another basic in black, a city bag and a Janice's legacy, several wristlets (including a "classic" in black leather), and a couple of really small "classics" not currently on the web page. Friends have a Patricia's legacy and a stewardess. These bags, to me, are what makes Coach timeless and classic. I've had the city bag for over 20 years! It's still beautiful, people recognize it as Coach, and the quality of the purse (the leather, it's durability, and it's absolutely "classic" appearance), is what has made me appreciate this forum and the other purses I have come to love by other designers. I compare all my new purses to my Coach classics. The Coach classics are just that, classics in every sense of the word, recognized and timeless. Can't you see I'm a fan?

:yahoo::okay::woohoo: Amen!!!

I have several and I love them. That said, I wouldn't pay full price for one now since they can be had in new or practically new condition on ebay for so much less. The reason I have so many of the classic bags is that those were the ones being made when I started collecting. :smile:

Same here. I buy all my Coach bags on Ebay since they are cheaper. I wonder how much, if any, Ebay has hurt the sales of Coach??

The classic bags aren't my style, however, they remind me of when I was a teenager and would go shopping with my mom. I thought she was so cool whenever she would buy a purse out of the "glass cabinets" at the department stores. :smile: I blame here for my current addiction to purses!

I remember the glass cabinet! When I was young I thought those bags were the holy grail of handbags! The thick leather is unreal. They don't have good resale value though, however the vintage (made in USA) ones are more valuable because they're rare. I have a classic flap from the 80's that is almost useless because its too small, but I just can't part with it.

I have the Station bag - my very first Coach - that I bought about 10 years ago. And, yes, it is 'vintage' by today's standards. The black leather is still smooth and beautiful, and back then they didn't "line" the bags so my version in unlined and has that suede-y kinda interior. No interior pockets either. I paid a little over $250 for it and bought it from the Coach boutique. That was a lot of money to me back then! It's amazing to think that $250 is pretty much bare minimum for a Coach handbag now.