What Do You Wear to Shop?

I wear nice ballet flats, nice jeans, a nice jacket, and a designer bag when I go shopping. I want to look dressy casual. I'm not going to go shop in heels and a fancy dress to impress a SA. It's uncomfortable and I should get good service no matter how I'm dressed.

I hardly ever dress up. I usually just go out in a t-shirt, jeans, and flip-flops. I don't really wear much jewelry either, but I always have on my great-grandmother's diamond ring and two silver bangles. Sometimes I'll have some studs in my ears. The service really depends.

I went to Hermes today, and at first the lady was so uninterested, but since I could only exchange and not return, I think that was the reason. But regardless, I just kept asking her questions about this and that, told her I liked her style, etc. She was still reluctant after a while, but she was polite. Towards the end though, we became friends and I think her prior attitude is really how she is as a person because even when she was being helpful, she still gave off a snotty vibe.

Then I went to Boodles, where I had the BEST service. I love that store. I knew what I wanted, but also wanted to look at other stuff (that I couldn't afford haha!) and the lady just brought out one after the other for me to see. And I had her give me so many prices too! I really wanted a ring or a pair of earrings to go with my pendant, and she offered to ask the designer to do a special order for me, and gave me quotes. Very helpful! I love the service.

At Asprey, I got wonderful service too and had a fun chat with the SA. He didn't look down at me at all, even though one of the other customers did because I obviously didn't look old enough to afford anything! But he was very patient and kind.

Nice customer service really makes a BIG difference.

I'm in our local malls so much (and spend so much :shame: ) that when many of the SAs see me they rush right over to show me all the newest stuff. It never matters what I'm wearing...

I usually get good service in SHORT HILLS MALL. Especially in the neimans. The LV store there is also good with their service. The Chanel is it. I don't think it is neccessarily what we wear but it also depends on the SA.

In my local stores I don't give it a thought. I've gone in flip flops and a running suit. But we don't have Niemans, Saks, or anything potentially snooty. So when I go on vacation, I do tend to worry about what to wear to the botiques and nicer malls. But generally, I notice that I can usually blend in w/ everyone else there -- I don't scream out that I want to spend a lot (which, frankly, I usually don't!) but I don't look like I blatently don't belong either. If I am seeking good service, I tend to ask about a specific product to demonstrate knowledge.