What do you think of the very wide leg pants?

I can't decide whether I like them or not, they bring me back to the seventies which I'm not thrilled about.
Love them. I have a pair from Zara with a very high waist and sailor-style brass buttons. They look dreamy with an airy cream blouse tucked in and a pair of smart heels.

Can't find a photo of the exact ones but they look like this, just a bit wider.

ab80c898586f832afba45ffc562c5973.jpg

Just keep the top close fitting (unless you have model proportions) and make sure they have weight and drape for the 'line'. They'll also need to fit perfectly or they'll crease/pull at the groin area or hang to low.

I think they're fine if they're tailored!! I can't stand when the pants cover up the shoe and drag on the ground, a la Rachel Zoe below. Get them tailored to your height!

rachel-zoe-gallery.jpg

It depends on what you wear them with. I have a light mauve pair that look like a flowy summer skirt. I would wear mine with a white sleeveless top during the day as a casual look or a black crop top for a night out. They look better when they're high waisted imo.

Reactions: Pmrbfay
I kind of like them for my body style as they can make me look slimmer (5' 1" and "round" in the middle - LOL), especially when I wear tall shoes. I usually style them with a closer-fitting/shorter top.

When I do wear skinny pants, I prefer a long flowy top over those. Thanks for letting me share.