What do you think of the very wide leg pants?

Docjeun

Sep 15, 2012
I can't decide whether I like them or not, they bring me back to the seventies which I'm not thrilled about.

pbmuffin

Jul 22, 2015
I can't decide whether I like them or not, they bring me back to the seventies which I'm not thrilled about.
Love them. I have a pair from Zara with a very high waist and sailor-style brass buttons. They look dreamy with an airy cream blouse tucked in and a pair of smart heels.

Can't find a photo of the exact ones but they look like this, just a bit wider.

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
NYC
Love them. I much prefer wearing tighter top than bottom. Looks so good with a fitted croped blazer or leather jacket.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Just keep the top close fitting (unless you have model proportions) and make sure they have weight and drape for the 'line'. They'll also need to fit perfectly or they'll crease/pull at the groin area or hang to low.

Aug 15, 2014
I love the flowy "palazzo pant" when worn long (not cropped) with a block heel. Agree that they look best with a fitted top. Yes a 70s throwback but you can make it modern!

Reactions: Pmrbfay

katran26

Bargain Hunter!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
Boston
I think they're fine if they're tailored!! I can't stand when the pants cover up the shoe and drag on the ground, a la Rachel Zoe below. Get them tailored to your height!

May 29, 2017
It depends on what you wear them with. I have a light mauve pair that look like a flowy summer skirt. I would wear mine with a white sleeveless top during the day as a casual look or a black crop top for a night out. They look better when they're high waisted imo.

Reactions: Pmrbfay

Pmrbfay

Mar 5, 2016
I kind of like them for my body style as they can make me look slimmer (5' 1" and "round" in the middle - LOL), especially when I wear tall shoes. I usually style them with a closer-fitting/shorter top.

When I do wear skinny pants, I prefer a long flowy top over those. Thanks for letting me share.