What Do You Think of the Larger Fobs and Charms?

Everyone is different which is good I don't usually like non leather charms tbh

I usually prefer the all-metal charms myself, but I also have some lovely leather charms. Right now I am carrying a favorite older bag, the Bleecker Flap Bag in Ink and I have decorated her with one of my most cherished Coach fobs, an all-leather Koi fish.

I agree, it is good thing that Coach make so many different styles and products, because we all have different tastes! :hugs:

I've been thinking about that because I am not crazy about the dinosaurs but I love the robots - so go figure! It may be a generational difference. I grew up when Sci-Fi movies/shows were all the rage but many of the younger Coach fans grew up with Dinosaurs as a very popular attraction.

Attachments

• BleeckerInk_001.jpg
    BleeckerInk_001.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 380
I have a few totes that I think are large enough to handle the butterfly, here are a couple of them. I prefer it on the Minkoff unlined tote more than on the Frye tote. It would also work well on my bleecker business tote or weekend tote. I haven't actually used it yet because I want to alter and remove the key ring and shorten the chain a bit

View attachment 3712619 View attachment 3712620
Oh, it looks beautiful on your RM tote!

Reactions: katev
I usually prefer the all-metal charms myself, but I also have some lovely leather charms. Right now I am carrying a favorite older bag, the Bleecker Flap Bag in Ink and I have decorated her with one of my most cherished Coach fobs, an all-leather Koi fish.

I agree, it is good thing that Coach make so many different styles and products, because we all have different tastes! :hugs:

I've been thinking about that because I am not crazy about the dinosaurs but I love the robots - so go figure! It may be a generational difference. I grew up when Sci-Fi movies/shows were all the rage but many of the younger Coach fans grew up with Dinosaurs as a very popular attraction.
Love that fish - I am old as a dino

Thank you! That bag comes in a bunch of great colors. It is an unlined tote which makes it puddle if not stuffed. I don't like puddles or slouchy bags so I use a purse insert that keeps it looking structured like Coach's Market Tote.
Thanks! I'm going to look at them online. Big butterfly I think is sold out, but that's the way it goes!

Everyone is different which is good I don't usually like non leather charms tbh
I generally prefer the leather charms too but I have a lot of metal ones that are very pretty, like jewelry. I think the reason I like the leather better is mostly because it is easier to see the charms on a bag. On a metal keychain, the charms tend to hang in a clump, making it hard to see the individual charms. The leather charms are usually bigger. They also don't make noise.

I'm not sure about the giant Rexy charms, since they're soooo expensive and I think I'd just mess them up by bumping them against stuff... but I would consider just displaying them in my house or on my work desk - is that bad?? In fact, I am currently just displaying the huge butterfly that @katev returned, since it makes me happy to look at and I haven't figured out what bag I'd want to put it on yet.
Possibly one of my larger totes, like large Longchamp le pliage size, but I may have to re-think the clip depending on which tote I use... I really wish they had the chalk butterflies available at the outlet when I ventured out, since that color would go with more of my bags (i go for cool colors over warm). For $34 I'm not too worried about using it as a decoration for my keyholder at the moment... but not doing that with a $200+ Rexy!

See my mailholder? I threw my Nordstrom Rack find (Coach feather charm) up there too for now, since I might return it and need to think about it as I walk by my front door ;)

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the giant Rexy charms, since they're soooo expensive and I think I'd just mess them up by bumping them against stuff... but I would consider just displaying them in my house or on my work desk - is that bad?? In fact, I am currently just displaying the huge butterfly that @katev returned, since it makes me happy to look at and I haven't figured out what bag I'd want to put it on yet.
Possibly one of my larger totes, like large Longchamp le pliage size, but I may have to re-think the clip depending on which tote I use... I really wish they had the chalk butterflies available at the outlet when I ventured out, since that color would go with more of my bags (i go for cool colors over warm). For $34 I'm not too worried about using it as a decoration for my keyholder at the moment... but not doing that with a $200+ Rexy!

See my mailholder? I threw my Nordstrom Rack find (Coach feather charm) up there too for now, since I might return it and need to think about it as I walk by my front door ;)

Great idea! I thought about turning the big butterfly into a Christmas ornament and hanging it on the tree, but I decided that a leather butterfly really didn't seem to go that well with the concept of winter and Christmas!

I have a few totes that I think are large enough to handle the butterfly, here are a couple of them. I prefer it on the Minkoff unlined tote more than on the Frye tote. It would also work well on my bleecker business tote or weekend tote. I haven't actually used it yet because I want to alter and remove the key ring and shorten the chain a bit View attachment 3712619 View attachment 3712620

It looks much, much better on your large totes than on that blue bag - it was really overpowering in that coach photo.

So love those leather feather charms sigh wish I could find one that colour for my borough

Reactions: katev
If you're worried about using your rexy stuff, I use my large rexy charm on my bag every day and she copes fine :smile: I also have my steggy coin purse hanging on my bag.

I think they are so nice looking that they'd look good anywhere tho.
I saw a girl who had them all on her shelf tho and they looked so good [emoji177]

I am rather attracted to the new embroidered and crystal Bee Charm 58487 SV EGQ, but I don't much care for the $125 price!

I agree. I think I'm going to be happy with my MFF bee that cost about 1/10 of the price.

I was at the Coach store today and I saw the bee. It's lovely and I'd love to buy it but it will be $145 CAN so I'll just have to admire it from afar.

I agree! I have my eye on this one and the Rocket one, but the prices -- yikes! I do believe these embroidered charms are good quality items, though. I'd even say they're elegant.

Just an FYI, the embroidered bee charm is on sale for 50% off ($63) on the Sale page on the Coach.com site.

Reactions: musiclover