What do you guys think kof Apple laptops!

Aren't there still compatability issues between - say - documents saved on a PC and documents saved on a Mac?

I really like PC... don't think I have any reason to try anything new... (although when they first came out with the pink computers way back when... I was tempted!)

^^ Nope. Mac's can open basically any file Windows can (M$ Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.), pics, movies, music, web pages, flash videos, Zip's, yadda yadda yadda. The only thing they won't open is .exe's 'cuz that's a windows programme. However, there's free software like WINE OSX that will open that for you anyways.

------

I love my MacBook Pro to death! I do alot of Network Security, and the whole UNIX aspect has me hooked! I can even run Windows XP or Vista, better than even on a PeeCee!

I hate PC's because it's my job to stop them from getting compromised! Stick to a Mac - basically no viruses, no headaches, looks cool, and it pays itself back in spades every second you own it :yes:

P.S. Vista is a COPY of OS X Tiger today - ALL OF IT. If you wanted Vista, and even greater security, get a Mac today. Plus, when the next OS X comes out, if you're a student, it'll only cost you like $75, not $500 like M$ is asking!

The superior operating system more than makes up the difference. OSX is more intuitive than XP, never mind not having to constantly buy anti-virus and d'ld spyware/adware remover.

I still don't get how this arguement starts ;) Both are "windows" based and pretty much do the same stuff. I've worked with both PC's and Macs and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out either.
As for the latter, I got mine free, set them to auto update, and to this date...over...what 10 years, I've never gotten a virus. I think I've crashed maybe 4 times over that period, and I leave my Pc on 24/7.
I admit, up until now, Apple's were pretty much hack proof cause really, no one bothered with coding one due to their minimal market share. Now, however, people are taking the time. Viruses attacking OSX have already been documented, it's just a matter of time until their targeted with the voracity directed to PC's.
Finally, I think my aversion to Apple is intensified with their overly misleading, and sometimes, completely false claims on their commercials. Very annoying, and as consumer, it bothers me that they're trying to prey on people's lack of knowlege for computers, in general, by giving innaccurate info.

P.S. Vista is a COPY of OS X Tiger today - ALL OF IT. If you wanted Vista, and even greater security, get a Mac today. Plus, when the next OS X comes out, if you're a student, it'll only cost you like $75, not $500 like M$ is asking!

Amen. I haven't heard anything that vista can do that linux or OS X hasn't been able to do.. I can't help but think of Vista as a disneyland version of XP..

I still don't get how this arguement starts ;) Both are "windows" based and pretty much do the same stuff. I've worked with both PC's and Macs and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out either.
Of course they do the same things, they are both personal computers..and now they use the same hardware, just different OS. Don't exaggerate. I didn't say it takes a rocket scientist to operate either. I do use both PCs and Macs regularly, as I've got two PCs in my home and two Macs. Now, however, the PCs are getting neglected. I don't miss micromanaging folders and subfolders, and renewing my anti-V.
As for the latter, I got mine free, set them to auto update, and to this date...over...what 10 years, I've never gotten a virus. I think I've crashed maybe 4 times over that period, and I leave my Pc on 24/7.
Well, that's fortunate for you, but most people have to pay, and the price saved makes any difference on any comparable PC. Btw, someone fully loaded a MacBook Pro and it comes out about even with a similarly loaded Dell laptop. The "overpriced" rumor is so old school.

I admit, up until now, Apple's were pretty much hack proof cause really, no one bothered with coding one due to their minimal market share. Now, however, people are taking the time. Viruses attacking OSX have already been documented, it's just a matter of time until their targeted with the voracity directed to PC's..
So far, there's only been one virus, which exploited iChat and required you to type in your password to unleash it. Now how foolish someone has to be to do that.

Finally, I think my aversion to Apple is intensified with their overly misleading, and sometimes, completely false claims on their commercials. Very annoying, and as consumer, it bothers me that they're trying to prey on people's lack of knowlege for computers, in general, by giving innaccurate info.

I think the Apple commercials are funny. :roflmfao:

We have had Macs at our house for about 10 years.....they are super awesome. No virus worries.

I have a new MacBook Pro laptop with the intel chip and it totally ROCKS!!:yes: