What do you guys think about a C de Cartier necklace? Is it worth the money for a 0.25 carat diamond?

I am replacing my WG set - from 2020 VCA HP to the CD Cartier necklace.. lol

Somehow i find the VCa pendant has too much metal, albeit the guilloche effect made me fell hard in love but the necklace is weighty and it forms a narrow V whereas i prefer the more dainty choker look from CDCartier.. i hope i dont regret it. I also find the chain from VCA quite grey and thicker than CdC

Screenshot_20220814-093536_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ah thank you for the quick replies! Do you know the color and clarity for your diamond? Oh, i guess what i meant was Tiffany's diamonds are certified in house, so it is not a GIA cert. I feel like i prefer paying for GIA cert at Cartier than Tiffany's cert. From what i checked now, 0.21 carat size cost around the same to Cartier now. It all boils down to the chain as well for me as tiffany uses platinum but i know Cartier chain sparkles, just like VCA..

I think i should try to find time to visit both boutiques to check the diamond out in person..
Yes, here’s what you get when you buy a diamond from Tiffany. Also, my mistake, apparently my diamond is 0.24 not 0.28; my bad lol.

C69D7825-850F-4652-BA57-722EB7EB95D1.jpeg1ED014B9-FD73-4B7F-A8B7-BA2DA790F168.jpeg603F79E5-3C80-4034-B53C-F915305EB533.jpeg

I do highly recommend going in person. I always like to try on fine jewelry in person because each piece always looks different on someone based on their features, how it sits and skin tone.

Reactions: sassification
Yes, here’s what you get when you buy a diamond from Tiffany. Also, my mistake, apparently my diamond is 0.24 not 0.28; my bad lol.

View attachment 5589545View attachment 5589546View attachment 5589547

I do highly recommend going in person. I always like to try on fine jewelry in person because each piece always looks different on someone based on their features, how it sits and skin tone.
Ah! Thanks for sharing! I think you made a great choice, since yellow gold is actually fine with H diamond. I dont mind G diamond but Cartier didnt have that option for the size i was looking at, which is basically the smallest, 0.19 or 0.2 carats. I just wanted a super dainty fuss free piece!

Reactions: lill_canele
Oh right, when i tried the DBTY 0.2 carat, i realised my collarbone area was reddish..! It was because the diamond was poking me and eventually turned red when i later went in to Cartier. Perhaps my skin is too sensitive as well

I think 0.09 carat was fine, doesnt feel too sharp or pokey but 0.2 carat, i definitely was bothered when trying to adjust the necklace around

So beautiful! I have the same one in pretty much the same size .19 carat, I got it last year and it is my absolute favourite necklace. Still just as perfect and shiny a year on.
Thank you for sharing ! Great to know! Its so lightweight ans feels like i have nothing on. I love it!

Reactions: hhw
Long story short, it’s not worth the money if you are concerned about diamond quality.

For those small diamonds, Cartier does not tell you the cut, clarity or color of the diamond so it’s difficult to tell how good the quality is. Though I’m sure it’s not like terrible quality lol.
If you’re looking for a simple solitaire diamond and want your money’s worth, go to a store that sells GIA certified diamonds.

For Cartier, we are paying extra for the brand. But if it’s the Cartier brand you want, then go for it.

tbh, for a simple solitaire, no one can tell what brand it is. Cus there’s no trademark design to it that ties it to a specific brand (like how recognizable a Cartier love ring or bracelet).

hope that helps!
Hi, just came across this thread and just wanted to add that this was not my experience with the C de Cartier necklace. For this necklace there is no set price because it all depends on the actual diamond set on that specific piece. I ended up choosing one that was 0.3 carats D colour VVS1. I also received a GIA certificate for the actual diamond. The price I paid was reflective of the diamond. Even a 0.2 carat diamond on this necklace comes with its own independent GIA certificate. My SA told me that Cartier only selects the best quality diamonds, they don’t use below a certain colour, and I can tell you that people are shocked when I tell them my solitaire is only 0.3 carats because it looks a lot larger due to quality of diamond and the unique c de Cartier setting that you won’t find at any other jewellers. One friend was sure I got the carat wrong and I had to show her my certificate to prove it.

Also, many people can actually tell it’s a Cartier piece because of the unique setting and also due to the hang tag at the back especially if you’re wearing it on the shorter setting as it dangles beautifully down the back of your neck.

In terms of daily wear I haven’t ever taken mine off in about 2 years and I run about 40kms a week so it can definitely be worn as an everyday piece. I confirmed this with my SA before my purchase as I never take my jewellery off. In the last 6 months I’ve also been stacking it with my clash necklace and it’s been no issues either although does get slightly tangled after runs.

Obviously no doubt I also paid a huge markup for the brand but the quality is there.

Hope my experience helps.

Last edited:
To me the biggest difference with the Cartier necklace is how sparkly the chain is! I want it for the chain haha. Tiffany and Mejuri’s chains are not sparkly.
Thats why altho i like the look of the tiffany dbty the chain being not sprakly and the diamond poking at my neck till it turned red made me go for cartier!

Because of this reason i think i may go for another 1895 YG version rather than the Dior rose des vents YG MOp necklace..

My YG 1985 necklace, it doesnt look too YG on photos and so much more comfy than TNC DBTY which poked me like crazy .. i like the look of dbty but unfortunately, that was a deal breaker.

This, i feel like im not wearing anything ♡

View attachment 5629265
Looks beautiful on you!
Agree 100%. Several years ago I bought a DBTY necklace and the poking drove me crazy so I returned it. I don’t see how anyone could wear it. Not only this, Cartier’s chains and clasps are much nicer and better designed so I’m glad I didn’t keep it (I could have had a basket added to the back to keep the point of the diamond from my skin, at an extra charge, no less).
It’s Cartier’s attention to detail that I appreciate—it’s apparent that every aspect is considered in their designs. If you consider their necklaces with chains, the chains alone and their clasps are beautiful—many people comment on their beauty and quality. I also appreciate how latches on bracelets are hidden and don’t detract from the overall design.
The C de Cartier diamond pendant is on my wish list because the setting and chain are so unique.

Reactions: sassification
Ye
Looks beautiful on you!
Agree 100%. Several years ago I bought a DBTY necklace and the poking drove me crazy so I returned it. I don’t see how anyone could wear it. Not only this, Cartier’s chains and clasps are much nicer and better designed so I’m glad I didn’t keep it (I could have had a basket added to the back to keep the point of the diamond from my skin, at an extra charge, no less).
It’s Cartier’s attention to detail that I appreciate—it’s apparent that every aspect is considered in their designs. If you consider their necklaces with chains, the chains alone and their clasps are beautiful—many people comment on their beauty and quality. I also appreciate how latches on bracelets are hidden and don’t detract from the overall design.
The C de Cartier diamond pendant is on my wish list because the setting and chain are so unique.
Thank u! And yeS u are spot on!

I also love the sparkly yet dainty enough chain that Cartier has. I also love the attention to detail with the 2 jump rings provided and the mini cartier logo at the back.. the necklace looks different when worn at shorter choker length, looks more like DBTy style. TbH, thid 1895 necklace surprises me.. i initially went with the CD cartier because i loved the square diamond look. I thought the 1895 looks slightly boring, and van be more easily replicated.. doesnt really look like Cartier or anything special. But the diamond on this 1895 necklace actually sits very well and doesnt flip around as much as the one on CD cartier.. its a minor thing but i am easily bugged by such stuff.. lol. However, i am still willing to overlook that for the CDC cos i like the unique square look

I had VCA vintage pendants but the chain feels too much for me. Maybe i am just in the dainty phase. While i appreciate the thicker chain in the 5 motif bracelets, i dont like it on necklaces. I know, i am very picky.. these are all through trial and error thru the years and finding out what i like and dislike in my jewelleries.. my pet peeves (oops which i have admittedly, alot!) Actually saves me alot of money on hindsight. Else i would have jumped on the Vca perlee clover bangle ahaha

20221011_122330.jpg