What do you do with your old handbags?

I have given many away and sold some on ebay but the bags I sold on ebay really were giveaways - I got so little for the fabulous bags I sold (all designer, all over a thousand) I don't think I will ever do it again - no one ever believes you area selling a real bag and the listings are expensive - just not worth it. So, I haven't really found the right solution to this problem.

SuzyZ said:
I have given many away and sold some on ebay but the bags I sold on ebay really were giveaways - I got so little for the fabulous bags I sold (all designer, all over a thousand) I don't think I will ever do it again - no one ever believes you area selling a real bag and the listings are expensive - just not worth it. So, I haven't really found the right solution to this problem.

Definitely try consignment. The online consignment shops that have sold my bags always authenticate the bags before selling so that people know they're buying the real thing.

bagnshoofetish said:
I know exactly how you feel. Hard to go back after buying real quality stuff. I just take mine out back and shoot em'.

lol

Me, I'm still in college. But I dont think I would ever get rid of designer handbags. But as far as the non-designer bags, if I dont like them anymore I give them to Goodwill (I did that after high school) because I can write it off on my taxes.

Buttery said:
Definitely try consignment. The online consignment shops that have sold my bags always authenticate the bags before selling so that people know they're buying the real thing.
Buttery, Thanks for the idea!! Why didn't I think of that?

i have given a few to my mother (she has a thing against carrying expensive handbags yet does support my collecting them, she actually has admitted to loving my cerise speedy..haha) and some i have sold on ebay. it is funny how once you make the leap from the lesser expensive bags to Vuitton, Chloe, etc you can't ever settle for less again! haha :smile:

I give them away. Some times I keep them for traveling. After the last terror treat. I feel really not happy about traveling with expensive luggage and handbags. I don't want to be headed somewhere and I have to make a decision to leave my carryone for the trasporation department to get for free. Just the other day I total the makeup items in my purse. It was in the hundreds. No aincluding what was in my carryon bag. as long as the money in insde it don't make a difference.

My daughter had about 40 purses that were not high end (guess, wilsons leather, etc) and I sold all of them as one lot in one auction on ebay in March, the auction ended at $375...not too shabby for used bags!

I recycle some as makeup and toiletry bags for travel because I can't seem to find the right size for all my important stuff! The other bags go to my girlfriends or they get donated.