What do you do when you're scared?

I think the key is to 'be the change you want see'... That sounds confronting but I don't mean it that way. I mean for you to aim to spend 15 minutes BEING and absolutely POSSESSING the qualities or life story that you want. No ifs buts rumination or 'talking yourself down'. You are that person!
Next day, try to extend a little longer in the exercise.

Ok I will try that, Thank you!

I have been through some pretty rough times in the last 5 years. Things have turned around now and I'm in a great place, but there was a time I was so hopeless, scared, stressed, that I never believed it was possible to get past it. I don't know your specific situation, but for me the first thing was being completely honest with myself (and those around me) to get a handle on what was going on, and a practical plan to fix it.

The only other thing that truly gave me hope was to look for someone who can inspire you. Maybe that sounds trite, but after hearing/reading about someone with stage 4 cancer or something else seemingly insurmountable, I realized that my problems were fixable & not truly the end of the world. Perhaps you need something to put things in perspective. At the time, I got a lot of inspiration & hope from Stephanie Nielson, a blogger who was badly burned in a plane crash, but managed to recover against the odds, come to terms with how her life had changed, and go on to live a good life.

If you are comfortable sharing more of your situation, it might help others here offer words of comfort & support.

I have been through some pretty rough times in the last 5 years. Things have turned around now and I'm in a great place, but there was a time I was so hopeless, scared, stressed, that I never believed it was possible to get past it. I don't know your specific situation, but for me the first thing was being completely honest with myself (and those around me) to get a handle on what was going on, and a practical plan to fix it.

The only other thing that truly gave me hope was to look for someone who can inspire you. Maybe that sounds trite, but after hearing/reading about someone with stage 4 cancer or something else seemingly insurmountable, I realized that my problems were fixable & not truly the end of the world. Perhaps you need something to put things in perspective. At the time, I got a lot of inspiration & hope from Stephanie Nielson, a blogger who was badly burned in a plane crash, but managed to recover against the odds, come to terms with how her life had changed, and go on to live a good life.

If you are comfortable sharing more of your situation, it might help others here offer words of comfort & support.
Yea my gf reminded me of my cousin who is dying of cancer. She lost her leg to bone cancer when she was 20. Went to college, got her masters, and married a guy off of match. Gave birth to 3 beautiful mixed kids and her cancer came back nearly 2 decades later and metastasized in her lungs. It's stage 3, not responding to radiation and experimental surgery didn't help much. She will die and unfortunately soon.

I have had my shares of struggles from childhood onward. Each ended by permanently removing myself from the situation. I always saw a way out. This time, it's not that easy. Practical plan has and always been at play. Extreme measures were even taken but still no relief. I literally put forth in 2000% effort everyday to make the situation better and there's no foreseeable end in sight. I can pm you if you want but I'm not comfortable sharing the details on the open forum due to its nature and well, this is the internet. I hope you understand.

I actually mentally compared my current situation vs what my cousin faced, which would I choose. I rather have my cousin's situation. I never
thinking of you...how are you doing today?
Thank you. Im what you'd call work in progress. Still praying for relief. I even made myself a makeshift altar. Sigh.

I'm sorry you're going through whatever is going on. I really can't imagine being in a situation where terminal cancer would be a preferable set of circumstances.

Have you tried talking to a professional (therapist, psychiatrist, doctor, counselor, etc.) about your situation?

I'm sorry you're going through whatever is going on. I really can't imagine being in a situation where terminal cancer would be a preferable set of circumstances.

Have you tried talking to a professional (therapist, psychiatrist, doctor, counselor, etc.) about your situation?
Yup, no avail other than genuine heartfelt sympathy and keeping close tabs on the desolate situation. I honestly don't know what's going to happen.
This stuck out to me. So accurate.
It seemed like a lifetime ago. It's amazing how quickly time flies.

it truly depends on what you are scared about -- but general advice I give my (grown) children is to get dressed (put on your big girl panties) and "face the dragon."

You will never be done with fears until you face them head on. Usually it isn't as bad as your anticipation of [whatever it is] of the [feared event/person]. Make lists on how to deal, taken things one at a time (they can be overwhelming all at once) and move forward. There isn't much choice otherwise. Same goes with threats - I never let anyone threaten me (not talking about physically). I just say "knock yourself out." Takes the wind out of their sails and they lose power over you.

But so long as you are going to cower in fear, you cannot move forward and get through it.

Of course, this advice is based on the total lack of information concerning the fear and its anticipated effect.

You are very sweet, thank you. I'm still really worried. No solution yet and I swear, I'm aging by the second. I honestly dont know what to do... Please still include me in your prayers if you pray. Thanks in advance.

hermes_lemming, please hang in there. You are worth it!! Take good care of yourself and know that people are rooting for you and on your side. Even though it's only virtual we are standing behind you and cheering you on. You are not alone. Here is some love and caring for you...❤️❤️❤️💕❤️❤️❤️💕

Please feel better.

hermes_lemming, please hang in there. You are worth it!! Take good care of yourself and know that people are rooting for you and on your side. Even though it's only virtual we are standing behind you and cheering you on. You are not alone. Here is some love and caring for you...❤️❤️❤️💕❤️❤️❤️💕

Please feel better.

^^ well said -- we are here for you --- remember, you only have to endure one day at a time -- stay strong and know you are in our thoughts and prayers