What do you do to stay faithful?

Kou,
First...you should not purchase the bag no matter what. If the only way to not pay is to cancel the card...then do so. I think it is so ridiculous that you feel pressured to keep a bag. Do whatever you have to do, but don't pay for the bag.

Second, I agree with shopmom...all you talk about is your ostrich bag...you need to focus on that. If you cheat...cheat and purchase a wallet or another ostrich accessory. That is a super idea.

Third, I just feel you sway too easily Kou. You need to work on being stronger and not letting yourself make quick decisions. You know...one that you will regret. Maybe buy a book that will help you focus and meet your goals...read it...sway away a bit from shopping. Direct your attention to other things while you are trying to find the Hermes bag you really want. I don't know...it is just a thought.

While I enjoy a bit of handbag "diversity" it sounds like you are quite strong in your desire to avoid this (hope you let us know what it is/was later...I am curious now...) $4K IT bag purchase. I agree with previous comments...you must free yourself from this IT bag...call the SA, cancel the sale, and later send her a note of thanks for her consideration...

I used to be swayed alot when I was younger at the cosmetics counter - I would end up with hundreds of dollars of product each time I did not need, because SAs would tell me I needed this or that. I didn't want to appear ungrateful for their service. I finally grew a backbone and started using responses like "thanks just browsing, I'll let you know", "I don't like that", "no, that's all wrong", ... most of the time I just don't answer them and focus on what I need. That usually works best. Then I am able to make my decision and feel very happy that I wasn't pushed or rushed into anything. Nor am I going in to fill a void because I'm focussed. I can be aware I'm window shopping and not buy anything.

Try it kou, it's empowering to know you make the final decisions with your own money. If you still have problems with impulsive shopping, next time bring your ostrich kelly with you and hold it up to the purse you are thinking of getting. Or stick a picture of a ostrich birkin in the slot where your credit card is. It'll stop you from any impulsive purchase!

Return the other bags if you aren't inlove with them Kou. BTW the Goyard boutique in SF still has some of the pink bags...maybe you could return the white and have them send you a pink? If you really don't want bags from other brands I'd just return them.

I feel like I am completing my collection of "other" bags like I really wanted an LV Speedy and I want to get a Chanel east-west in black and then one Goyard. Then I'll go back to H. Just trying for a well rounded collection of classics. :graucho:

crochetbella said:
Return the other bags if you aren't inlove with them Kou. BTW the Goyard boutique in SF still has some of the pink bags...maybe you could return the white and have them send you a pink? If you really don't want bags from other brands I'd just return them.

I feel like I am completing my collection of "other" bags like I really wanted an LV Speedy and I want to get a Chanel east-west in black and then one Goyard. Then I'll go back to H. Just trying for a well rounded collection of classics. :graucho:

I think Goyard has the Jeanne PM in raspberry but it's a display model. The other raspberry ones they have are not my style. I even called Goyard Paris and they told me no more raspberry color. I wish Goyard will continue to do Crown paintings on the bag, but I've been told that the Crown painting is now only reserved for aristocracy. Man, I thought Hermes was exclusive but at least H doesn't classify people by aristcrats vs. commoners.

I know that my Hermes collection will never be complete, simply because I still want to obtain the blue platoon and green platoon after the fuchsia one is completed:lol:

Kou, ever since Hermes has come into my life I can not think of any other bags but Hermes bags! Nothing seems to be appealing to me. I have completely sold my soul to the Hermes devil! :devil:

There are so many bag's on my list that I have no time to think of other bags!!!

here is a sample of my list:

Kelly - black box
Kabbana - Blue Jean Togo
Colorado - Potiron
White Box - Barenia
Garden Party - Toile/Marron Fonce
Mini Herbag - Black Toile
Valparaiso - Black Box/Toile
Omnibus - White Clemence
Cacahuete - Yellow Epsom
Cadena - Vert anis Ostrich
Sac Etrevier - Black (for work)
Rugby - Black Box
Kelly Clutch - Black Box
25cm Croc Blue Roi Birkin
25xc Black Croc Kelly

So with all of these and more that will be added I just focus on the next available bag,.. and any Kelly's or Birkin's that come in between,.. There won't be any cheating!! There won't be any anything for the rest of my life! Most likely :graucho:

koukanamiya said:
I think Goyard has the Jeanne PM in raspberry but it's a display model. The other raspberry ones they have are not my style. I even called Goyard Paris and they told me no more raspberry color. I wish Goyard will continue to do Crown paintings on the bag, but I've been told that the Crown painting is now only reserved for aristocracy. Man, I thought Hermes was exclusive but at least H doesn't classify people by aristcrats vs. commoners.

I know that my Hermes collection will never be complete, simply because I still want to obtain the blue platoon and green platoon after the fuchsia one is completed:lol:

They have a display Jeanne PM in raspberry and one in the drawer in plastic. I saw it yesterday. :graucho: