What Do You Do To Prevent COVID-19 During Shopping?

Just read through the FDA application of the new vaccine and wanted to share this figure. Clearly visible that 1-2 weeks after the first dose there are almost no further infections (blue). Placebo is in red.

No meant to judge on anything but to circumvent interpretations in the media.

Nice. Do you have a link or paper citation where I can read the report?

I only in-person shop at grocery and hardware stores, my mask stays on until I arrive home and wash hands/face. Put items away and wash hands a second time. Going an hour before close on Monday or Tuesday evenings has worked out for me in terms of crowds.

Reactions: octopus17 and 880
We’ve been buying groceries and take out online since last year. The last time I went to a mall was 2 weeks ago to go to LV and they had a limit of how many people could be in the store. Almost every single store has 6 feet distance decals on the floor so people keep apart.

People are required to wear masks indoors in Vancouver and, thankfully, it’s rare that you see someone not wearing one. We put on our masks as soon as we leave the house and don’t take them off until we get back home. We wash our hands right when we get home and bring hand sanitizer when we’re out.

Do you mind me asking where you buy your masks?

Either I wear two masks so I can get to 4 layers. Or I do have some 2-layer masks that have space for inserts. For those, I insert a folded cloth to add two layers within it.

I have bought the 2layer masks with insert slots from Chapters/Indigo, Costco, and Tory Burch. But they should say on the package the number of layers and if there is slot room.

I definitely do not rewear masks with the covid variant active now. Wear and wash/toss everyday. I also wear them outside when taking a walk. I’ve been reading 6 feet/1 meter is not enough distance. And with the cold I wonder if that allows particles to stay more easily in the air. I don’t visit w people except outside and even then I’m trying to maintain a distance. I haven’t seen my extended family in more than a year. Obviously I am taking no chances. I’d like to be able to say I survived a pandemic!